Tornado Potatoes Recipe with step wise pictures.
This is a unique and cool recipe made using potatoes. It is not only super fun to make but kids will love it for sure.
This recipe may look complicated but is actually pretty easy to make. Actually i ran out of skewer so use chopstick, if you use skewer then it will be more cute.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Tornado Potatoes Recipe
- Medium size potatoes - 4
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 4 tblsp
- Cornflour - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - ¼ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Water as needed
- Mix all ingredients except potatoes to a little thin batter. Set aside.
- Take potatoes and wash well. Dry completely. Now insert a skewer or chopstick inside the potatoes.
- Use a knife to cut it in a swirl manner. Separate it gently so it forms like a swirl shape.
- Now heat oil for deep frying.
- Dip the potato in batter, use a spoon to spoon the batter all over the potatoes.
- Deep fry till golden brown.
- Drain and serve.
1)Take potatoes, wash well and dry them well
2)Insert a skewer or chopstick inside it.
3)Use a knife to slice it so it forms a tornado like shape.
5)Separate it gently so it forms a tornado like shape.
6)Take flour and cornflour in a bowl.
7)Add in chilli powder and oregano
8)Add in salt.
9)Add in baking powder
11)Make it into a smooth batter
12)Take the potatoes
13)Spoon the batter into the potatoes
15)Drop in hot oil
16)Fry till golden brown on each side
17)Now it is fried