Urad Dal Bonda Recipe - Ulundu Bonda Recipe with step wise pictures.
Crispy hot urad dal vada which taste amazing with a cup of coffee or tea. You can serve with some coconut chutney for maximum taste.
These crisp bondas are so crunchy in the exterior and so fluffy in the center. Taste so delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Urad Dal Bonda Recipe - Ulundu Bonda Recipe
- Urad dal - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Curry leaves a handful
- Coriander leaves - 2 tblsp chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak urad dal for 4 hours. Drain the water and grind till it is fluffy. Dont add too much water Just sprinkle little water at a time and grind till urad dal is almost fluffy and light.
- Now take it in a bowl. Add all ingredients and mix well.
- Heat oil for deep frying. drop small batter in and fry till golden and crispy.
- Drain and serve with chutney.
1)Soak urad dal for 3 to 4 hours
3)Take it in a blender
4)Now it is fluffy. Dont add too much water when grinding.
5)The batter has to be thick. Remove to a bowl
7)Add in chillies, curry leaves, coriander leaves and ginger
8)Add little salt.
9)Heat oil for frying
10)Add in small blobs of batter in hot oil
11)Fry on medium high heat till crisp and golden
12)Fry till golden