Jackfruit Appam Recipe – Chakka Paniyaram Recipe with Step wise picures.
Normally we used to make appam with ripe banana, but this one is little different. The aroma of jackfruit when you bite into the appam is heavenly. It is perfect for any occasions.
The outer coating is crispy and the inside is soft with a yummy jackfruit aroma.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Jack Fruit - 3 cups
- Sugar - ½ cup to ¾ cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Rice Flour - ½ cup
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Oil for ghee for frying
- Take jackfruit in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take it in a bowl, add all ingredients except oil and mix to a smooth batter.
- Heat oil and ghee in a paniyaram pan. Spoon some batter in each hole and fry for few mins on one side, flip over and cook for few more mins on other side.
- Remove and serve.
1)Take jackfruit in a blender
2)Make it into a smooth puree
3)Take it in a bowl
4)Add in baking soda
5)Add in sugar. Instead of sugar you can use jaggery.
6)Add in cardamom powder
7)Add in coconut
8)Mix well till sugar is melted and combined.
9)Add in all purpose flour / maida. You can use wheat flour too.
10)Add in rice flour
11)Mix to a smooth thick batter
12)Heat a paniyaram pan with oil or ghee
13)Drop spoonful of batter in
14)Fry till golden on both sides
I am Aarthi, a happy homemaker, mom of two beautiful girls, married to my high school sweet heart. My goal is to teach people that cooking can be way more easier and joyful than they think. Yummy Tummy features recipes all over the world with step wise pictures which surely shows the ease of cooking.