Mocha Heaven recipe is a masterchef worthy plated desert. This is a recipe which I came up with during my trials when I was preparing for masterchef. It looks and taste stunning.
This is one desert which I came up during my days in masterchef. I created this recipe for my youtube channel and it immediately got trending.
This particular dessert, I am naming it as Mocha Heaven. Mocha means Chocolate and Coffee combination. This dessert has 5 Elements,
- Mocha Mousse Dome coated with Mirror Glaze.
- Chocolate Soil for the Crispy Buttery Layer
- Coffee Caviar which gives the burst of coffee flavour. Like an explosion in your mouth.
- Coffee Jelly which adds Chewy element.
- Strawberry Gel which adds the tangy element
MORE PLATED DESERTS
Mocha Heaven Video
Coffee caviar adds a nice touch to this plated desert. It looks pretty as well as add a balance and explosion of coffee flavour.
I have already shared coffee caviar recipe in a separate post. Coffee Caviar Recipe
Coffee Caviar Recipe
- dropper bottle
- 1 cup black coffee
- 2 tsp agar agar powder
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 cup refined oil
- Take oil in a cup and place it in the freezer for 1 to 2 hours. You can place the oil in fridge overnight.
- Take black coffee in a sauce pan. Add in agar agar powder, sugar in it and whisk well.
- Heat this and keep mixing so it comes to a light simmer.
- Once the agar agar is mixed completely. Take it off the heat.
- Pour this into the dropper bottle.
- Remove the oil from the freezer and use the dropper bottle to drop the coffee mix into the cold oil drop by drop.
- The caviar will form and it will harden and settle at the bottom of the cup.
- Once it is done, strain the mixture.
- Your coffee caviar is done.
- Store at room temp for few hours. You can keep in fridge until serving.
- Don't let the coffee mixture come to a rolling boil once agar agar is added, it may get stringy.
- Use the syrup immediately. if you let it cool, then it may harden.
- You can reheat it gently if the mixture harden.
- Instead of sugar you can use any sweetner.
- You can use dropper bottle, sauce bottles, syringe to dispense the caviar
- This can be stored in fridge up to a week.
- Coffee caviar can be used as desert toppings.
Coffee Caviar Pictures
Strawberry gel adds a nice pop of colour and taste to your desert. The gel itself taste tangy, sweet and little sour. It balances the desert overall.
Strawberry Gel Recipe
- 1 cup strawberry juice
- 2 tbsp sugar
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- Take all ingredients in a sauce pan, mix well.
- Now heat this and keep whisking till it thickens.
- Spoon this into a bowl.
- Set aside to cool.
Strawberry Gel Pictures
Chocolate sand is a slightly sweet and bitter buttery crumb which goes well with something creamy. You can serve this with mousse, ice cream or sorbet. The chocolate sand goes well with coffee or fruits that does well with chocolate. This particular version is very simple made with basic ingredients.
Chocolate Sand Recipe
- ½ cup Sugar
- ⅓ cup Cocoa powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ¼ cup Melted Butter
- Take sugar, cocoa and salt in a mixer jar. Powder fine.
- Add in melted butter and blend once till crumbly.
- Set aside.
Chocolate Sand Pictures
Mocha Mousse Dome
Mocha mousse dome with step by step pictures. Decadent chocolate and coffee mousse spooned it into the mould and set. The mousse is creamy and so rich. The hint of coffee flavour in the mousse is perfect.
Mocha Mousse Dome Recipe
- 1 tsp agar agar powder
- 200 ml cream
- 250 grams dark chocolate
- 1 tsp instant coffee powder
For Mirror Glaze
- 1 cup cream
- ⅓ cup dark chocolate
- Take agar agar in a bowl, add in 4 tbsp water and mix well. Heat this till agar agar is melted.
- Take dark chocolate in a bowl and melt it gently.
- Take cream in a bowl and whisk till thick.
- Add in coffee powder and melted agar agar and mix gently.
- Add in cooled melted chocolate and fold gently.
- grease mould with little oil.
- Spoon this into the mould and smooth the top.
- Place the mould in freezer and let it set.
- Mean while make mirror glaze. Take cream and chocolate in a sauce pan and heat gently.
- once it is set your can un mould it on a wire rack.
- Pour the cooled mirror glaze on top and leave to set.
Mocha mousse dome pictures
Coffee jelly Recipe
1 cup black coffee, ¼ cup sugar, 1 tbsp agar agar powder and heat till it comes to a boil. Pour it into mould and let it set. Cut it into cubes and serve.
Plating of Desert
- Take a pretty serving plate. A shallow white bowl is perfect for this desert.
- Spoon chocolate sand in the base.
- Place the chocolate dome on top of the sand.
- Spoon some caviar on the side.
- Take strawberry gel in the piping bag and pipe small dollops.
- Scatter some coffee jelly.
- Decorate it with some basil leaves.
- Serve immediately.
Leave a Reply