Today’s lunch box
—>Plain idiyappam and Beetroot idiyappam
—>M&M’s as a treat
—>Cookies and banana
I added grated beetroot to boiling water and then strained the liquid. Then used the hot liquid to make the dough.
I mixed regular idiyappam and beet idiyappam together to make it more appealing
Again quails egg is high in nutrition than regular egg and it looks cute.
I want her to finish the lunch box, so I put few m&m’s as a bribe.
This lunch box is packed with carb, protein, potassium, fat, fiber and little sugar.
KIDS LUNCH BOX IDEAS,
Check this link for many more lunch box ideas
- Rice Flour - 1 cup store bought
- Beetroot - 1/2 cup grated
- Water - 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku -1/2 tsp
- Take water in a sauce pan, add beetroots and boil it. Strain it.
- Add salt and rice flour and knead to a dough.
- Now put the dough in idiyappam press and make idiyappam.
- Steam for 5 mins.
- Remove it and fork it gently to separate the strands.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds. Add idiyappam and salt. Mix well.
- Put in lunch box.
1)Bring water to a boil
2)Add grated beets
5)To this hot liquid
6)Add salt and rice flour.
7)shape it into a dough
8)I made a plain idiyappam dough too. Check this link for recipe.
9)Put idiyappam in press
11)Steam for 5 mins
12)Remove and cool it. Then shred it gently with the plain idiyappam too
13)I like to season the idiyappam, since i dont give side dishes with this. Heat ghee and crackle mustard seeds
15)Add salt to taste
16)Mix and serve.