Beetroot Idiyappam with Step by Step Pictures.
Today's lunch box Plain idiyappam and Beetroot idiyappam. Quails egg and M&M's as a treat. On Snacks box it is Cookies and banana
I added grated beetroot to boiling water and then strained the liquid. Then used the hot liquid to make the dough. I mixed regular idiyappam and beet idiyappam together to make it more appealing. Again quails egg is high in nutrition than regular egg and it looks cute. I want her to finish the lunch box, so I put few m&m's as a bribe.
This lunch box is packed with carb, protein, potassium, fat, fiber and little sugar.
KIDS LUNCH BOX IDEAS,
Beetroot Idiyappam Recipe - Kids Lunch Box Ideas 15
- Rice Flour - 1 cup store bought
- Beetroot - ½ cup grated
- Water - ½ cup to ¾ cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku -½ tsp
- Take water in a sauce pan, add beetroots and boil it. Strain it.
- Add salt and rice flour and knead to a dough.
- Now put the dough in idiyappam press and make idiyappam.
- Steam for 5 mins.
- Remove it and fork it gently to separate the strands.
- Now heat ghee in a pan, add mustard seeds. Add idiyappam and salt. Mix well.
- Put in lunch box.
Beet Idiyappam with Step by Step
1)Bring water to a boil
2)Add grated beets
5)To this hot liquid
6)Add salt and rice flour.
7)shape it into a dough
8)I made a plain idiyappam dough too. Check this link for recipe.
9)Put idiyappam in press
11)Steam for 5 mins
12)Remove and cool it. Then shred it gently with the plain idiyappam too
13)I like to season the idiyappam, since i dont give side dishes with this. Heat ghee and crackle mustard seeds
15)Add salt to taste
16)Mix and serve.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.