Better Than Buttercream Frosting Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious frosting which is super yummy and buttery. This frosting taste so much better than regular buttercream and is less sweeter but richer.
This buttercream is similar to my flour buttercream recipe but so much easier than that. This frosting is a no fail recipe and taste so yummy, light and airy. The buttercream is not so sweet like regular butter cream. I enjoy this one so much when topped on cupcakes or spread on cakes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 4 1/2 tblsp
- Sugar - 1 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Milk - 1 cup
- Unsalted Butter - 225 grams soft
- Vanilla Extract - 1 tsp
- Food Colour if needed
- Take flour, sugar, salt in a sauce pan. Mix well.
- Add milk and mix well. Cook till the mix thickens.
- Pour it into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap so the wrap touches the top layer of the flour mix and set aside to cool completely.
- Take butter in a bowl, add vanilla and mix well.
- Now add the cooled flour mix spoonful at a time and keep mixing.
- Add very little at a time and mix till creamy.
- Add food colour if needed and mix well.
- You can refrigerate the frosting till needed. Take the frosting out the fridge few hours before use.
2)If you add too much at a time, then the mix may curdle.
3)Once all the flour mix is added, stop beating. If you keep beating then it may separate.
1)Take sugar in a sauce pan
2)Add in flour
3)Add in salt.
4)Whisk till combined
5)Add in milk
6)Whisk till combined
7)Heat till it starts to thicken
8)Keep mixing and cook till thickens
9)Now it is thick
10)Pour it in a bowl.
11)Cover with plastic wrap, so the wrap touches the mixture.
12)Leave to cool for 3 hours
13)Once it is completely cold. Mix so it is combined.
14)Take butter in a bowl.
16)Whisk till creamy
17)Add the flour mix spoonful at a time.
18)Use a beater to whip till creamy
19)Now it is mixed in
20)Now add another spoon
21)Mix till creamy.
22)Add spoonful at a time and mix till creamy.
23)Dont add all at once, the mix will get grainy. So add spoonful at a time and mix
24)As you mix the buttercream will get light and mousse like.
25)Now it is done.
26)I added some pink colour for my cakes.