Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Black Currant Ice Cream Recipe - Eggless Ice Cream Recipes with step wise pictures.
Delicious eggless black currant ice cream which is so easy to make and taste so delicious. Perfect for hot summer days.
Black currant flavor is hubby's favorite one. I had a packet of currants lying in the fridge from christmas. So i thought of making ice cream using that. Luckily i had purple food colour on hand so added that and made this. It was delicious, it had deep black currant flavor. This tasted very different from the store bought ones. I will soon share the store bought version of it too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Black Currant Ice Cream Recipe
- Milk - 500 ml
- Black Currants - ¾ cup
- Sugar - ½ cup + ¼ cup
- Water - ¼ cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 tblsp
- Black Currant Extract or Vanilla - 1 tsp
- Purple Food Colour few drops
- Take black currants, ¼ cup sugar and water in a sauce pan and cook for 5 mins till the currants is softened. Set aside to cool. Remove ¼th of the mix aside.
- Now take milk and ½ cup sugar in a sauce pan and reduce it for 10 mins.
- Now take flour in a bowl, add little milk to make a thin slurry. Add it in the milk and keep mixing till it is thick.
- Now take it off the heat and add in the ½ of the currant, black currant essence and purple food colour.
- Pour it in the pan and freeze for 4 hours.
- Now take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Pour it back in the pan, add the reserved black currants and mix well.
- Freeze untill solid.
- Scoop and serve.
1)Take black currants in a sauce pan.
2)Add ½ cup sugar
3)Add little water
4)Boil them for 5 mins
5)Set aside to cool it down.
6)Remove half of it and set aside.
7)Take sugar in a sauce pan.
8)Add in milk.
9)Bring it to a boil.
10)Simmer for 15 mins till it is reduced.
11)Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
12)Add in water
13)Add the mix into the milk.
14)Cook till it gets thick
15)Now add in the black currant mix.
16)Add in purple colour
17)Add few drops in
18)Add vanilla or black currant mix
20)Pour it into the pan and freeze
21)Once half frozen
22)Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
23)Now it is all smooth.
24)Pour it back in the pan and freeze
25)Add the reserved black currant mix in and freeze