Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Restaurant Style Chinese Egg Drop Soup Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious hot egg drop soup which taste so delicious on a cold day. It is delicious as it is or as a side for grilled chicken or sandwich.
I can never have enough of egg drop soup. Egg drop soup, hot & sour soup are my favorite soups in the entire world. I have shared so many versions of soup so far in my blog.
Check out other soup recipes too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Egg Drop Soup Recipe
- Take chicken stock in a sauce pan. Add in ginger, garlic and chillies. Bring it to a boil.
- Add in cornflour which is mixed with water and cook till thicken a little. Add in turmeric powder and mix well. Add salt to taste.
- Add in beaten egg in a steady stream and mix gently.
- Serve with more chillies and pepper on top.
1)Take chicken stock in a sauce pan.
2)Add in chopped ginger and garlic
3)Add in green chillies
4)Add in salt.
5)Bring it to a boil.
6)Take corn flour in a bowl
7)Add in water and make into a slurry
8)Add it in the stock
10) I added a pinch of turmeric for golden colour.
11)Crack open an egg
13)Pour it in hot soup
15)Turn off the heat
16)Ladle hot soup in a bowl.
17)Top with green chillies
18)Sprinkle some pepper. Serve