Brinjal Bajji Recipe with step by step pictures. Crispy Brinjal Pakora recipe made with brinjal slices made with gram flour and spices.
Brinjal Bajji Recipe
I love bajji, they are hot, crispy, spicy and yum. We make them with a whole lot of veggies. You can check out my list of bajji's here.
When we were little Amma used to make Bajji at least once a week. She makes lots of different one like potato, raw banana, onions and stuff like that. She also makes it with brinjal just for her. loves it so much. I won't even touch that when i was little. But one day I tasted that Bajji and really fell in love with it.
If you love brinjal, you will surely love that one. The outside of that will be crispy but the interior stays soft and fluffy. I hope you will try this and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Brinjal Bajji Recipe | Brinjal Pakora Recipe
- Brinjal - 2 large sliced
- Oil for Deep frying
- For Batter:
- Gram Flour / Besan / Kadalai Mavu - 1 cup
- Rice Flour / Arisi Mavu - ¼ cup
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - ½ tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblspn
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Take all the ingredients for batter in a bowl. Add some water and make it into a smooth batter. It should be a little thinner than than dosa batter. But don't make it too thin.
- Now slice some brinjal thinly. Don't make it too thin.
- Dip brinjal into the batter and coat it on all sides.
- Fry this in hot oil till they are golden and cooked on both sides.
- Drain them in a paper towel.
- Serve immediately.
Brinjal Bajji Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take gram flour, rice flour, chilli powder,
salt, asafoetida, ginger garlic paste in a bowl
|Add water to it|
|Make it into a smooth paste|
|Now slice some brinjals..|
|Dip them into the batter|
|Coat them on all sides|
|Deep fry them in hot oil|
|Flip over and cook till they are golden|
The brinjal bajji looks very yummy.We all love it.
Tasty and crispy looking fritters.
Love these yummy fritters...
Latest post : Poondu Puli Kulambu / Garlic in Tamarind based Gravy
Yummy it looks.
Cant you suggest a recipe without using baking powder please?
Please use only natural ingredients and no chemicals please.