Carrot Mezhukkupuratti Recipe – Kerala Style Carrot Stir Fry
Delicious carrot poriyal which hails from kerala. Taste great with dal curry or rasam. You can use any veggies as you like.. It is super easy to make and taste just delicious. It is really tasty on it own or as a side for rice and any gravies.
This dish takes just 10 to 15 mins to make from start to finish. You can serve it with rasam rice, sambar rice, curd rice. Or any variety rice like lemon rice, tamarind rice or coconut rice.This is a great dish to put in your kids lunch box. They will love it for sure.
So far i have shared so many poriyal recipe in this blog. This one is another recipe which my mom makes often. This is the combo which she makes. You can infact add any veggies in this like cauliflower too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds - 1 tsp
- Urad dal - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Carrot - 4 large chopped
- Beans - 10 chopped
- Shallots - 5
- Garlic - 4
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Take carrot and beans in a pan, add salt and little water. Cover and cook for 10 mins. Set aside.
- Take shallots, garlic, chilli powder, turmeric powder and grind it into coarse paste.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal and curry leaves and let it sizzle.
- Add in the ground masala. Saute for a 2 to 4 mins.
- Add in carrot and mix well. Season with salt.
- Cook together for 5 mins.
1)Take shallots or onions in a blender
3)Add some chilli powder and turmeric powder
4)Pulse it coarse
5)Chop beans and carrot.
7)add the veggies in a pan
8)Add some salt to taste
9)Add little water
10)Cover and cook till veggies are done.
11)Now the veggies are cooked.
12)Heat coconut oil in a pan, add mustard, urad dal and curry leaves
13)Add in coarsely ground mixture
14)Saute for a min.
15)Add in the veggies
16)Add little salt to taste.
18)Cook till done.