Chewy Almond Macaroons Recipe - Almond Cookies Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super chewy almond macaroon modified from nigella lawson's recipe. Super delicious and make a light sweet treat for desert.
Few weeks back, some guests dropped by without any notice. I thought of making few quick desert for them to take home. I had some almond flour which i made at home on hand so i used those to make these macaroons. I also made some coconut macaroons too. Both of them tasted delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Chewy Almond Macaroons Recipe
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Line a baking pan with parchment paper.
- Take almonds, sugar, egg white, cardamom in a bowl and mix well to form a sticky dough.
- Grease your hands with rose water and take a small portion of dough and roll it into balls.
- Arrange on baking pan and place a blanched almonds on top.
- Pop it in oven and bake for 10 to 12 mins.
- Remove and cool completely.
- Serve or store in a air tight container.
1)First blanch some almonds and remove the skins off. Soak almonds in hot water for 10 mins.
2) Peel off the skins
3)Now it is blanched
4)Set aside so it can dry
1)Now lets make the dough. Take almond flour in a bowl. Recipe here
3)Add in cardamom powder
5)Add in one egg white
6)Knead to a soft dough
7)The dough will be pretty sticky
8)Line a baking pan with parchment paper
9)Take some rose water
10)Grease your hands lightly
11)Take small portion of dough
12)Roll it into smooth ball.
13)Take some blanched almonds
14)Place on top of it.
15)Bake till done
16)Cool it completely.