Last Updated on November 20, 2020
"Grilled Chicken Salad, filled with tomatoes, peppers and topped with a garlic honey mustard dressing Yum"
I love salads, whenever i feel like not having a meal. All i prefer is having a bowl of salad. You can make salad whatever way you like. This one is my favorite since it has honey mustard garlic dressing. I love it so much.
Moreover making grilled chicken can be a bit tricky. But if you follow my instructions you will get perfect grilled chicken all the time.
I used my home grown baby spinach and lettuce for this salad which made me even more happy.
How do you grill chicken without drying it out?
- You can brine the chicken for 4 to 5 hours to keep the chicken moist. Recipe below.
- Flatten the chicken breast so it even thickness. Even thickness means it will cook evenly and in faster time so it doesn't dries out.
- Cook in high temp for shorter time so it doesn't dries out.
- Marinate the chicken overnight or at least 2 hours for best flavour.
How to Brine Chicken?
- Bring water to a boil, add equal part of salt and sugar. Nearly ½ cup salt and ½ cup sugar for every kg of chicken.
- Stir until the sugar and salt have dissolved, then allow the brine to cool to room temperature.
- To use, place chicken in the brine, cover, and refrigerate two hours for skinless breasts, 4 hours for bone-in pieces, and 4 hours to overnight for whole chickens.
- Drain and pat the chicken dry before cooking.
You will love my
- Chicken Salad with Ranch Dressing
- Grilled Chicken Salad with Thousand Island Dressing
- Warm Italian Chicken Salad
- Simple Italian Chicken Salad
- Creamy Chicken Salad
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Grilled Chicken with Honey Mustard Dressing
- Chicken Breast - 3
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Lemon Juice / Vinegar - 2 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Garlic - 3 cloves grated
- Mustard Sauce - 1 tblsp
- Honey - 2 tblsp
- Red Wine Vinegar - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Olive Oil - 4 tblsp
- Lettuce as needed
- Tomato - 1 deseeded and cubed
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper - 1 cubed
- Baby Spinach as needed
- Take chicken and add all ingredients and mix well. Set aside for 15 mins.
- Mix all salad dressing together except olive oil. Drizzle olive oil little by little and keep whisking. Set aside.
- Heat a grill pan till smoking. Brush oil over the pan using a paper towel.
- Place chicken on the grill pan and cook on medium high heat and cook for 5 to 6 mins, flip over and cook on other side and cook for 4 to 5 mins.
- Remove and set aside for 5 mins. Slice and set aside.
- Take a serving plate, place lettuce, baby spinach, tomatoes, peppers and chicken. Pour over dressing and enjoy.
2)You can make the dressing in advance and store in fridge.
3)Dressing stays good for over a week in fridge when stored in a air tight container.
4)You can add whatever topping you like.
1)Take chicken breast in a bowl
2)Add in ginger garlic paste
3)Add in pepper
4)Add in lemon juice or vinegar
5)Add in chilli powder
6)Add in cumin powder
7)Add in salt
9)take dressing ingredients
10)Grate in garlic
11)Add in mustard
13)Add salt and pepper
14)Add in vinegar
16)Add olive oil little and keep mixing
17)Dressing is done
18)Apply some oil on paper towel and brush over the grill pan
20)Once cooked flip over
22)Take a plate of lettuce and baby spinach
23)Place chicken, tomatoes, peppers
24)Drizzle with dressing