Drumstick Leaves Thogayal Recipe – Murungai Keerai Thovaiyal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious drumstick leaves chutney which taste great with rice, roti, idli and dosa. This taste spectacular when mixed with hot rice and ghee.
This recipe is kind of unique, normally we make drumstick leave thoran or kuzhambu with it. This is a chutney recipe made using it and it taste really delicious.I heard this from my sister’s sister in law. She refered it from some youtube channel. The recipe is not only easy to make but is very good for you. It is packed with iron content. Just awesome.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Dry Red Chillies - 4
- Garlic - 4
- Onion - 1 large sliced
- Tamarind - a small piece
- Salt to taste
- Drumstick Leaves / Murungai Keerai - 4 cups
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and dry red chillies and roast till golden. Drain and set aside in a blender.
- Saute onions till golden and take it in the blender. Add salt and tamarind.
- Take drumstick leaves in the same pan and cook for 4 to 5 mins.
- Take it in the blender and grind coarse.
- This taste great when mixed with hot rice and ghee.
- You can enjoy with dosa, idli, chapati too.
1)Heat oil in a pan. Add dry red chillies
2)Add in garlic cloves
3)Roast for few mins.
4)Take it in a blender
5)Add in onions
6)Saute till light golden
7)Now it is well sauted.
8)Take it in the blender
9)Add in tamarind.
10)Add in salt.
11)Add in drumstick leaves in the same pan.
12)Saute for 2 mins.
13)Take it in the blender