Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Mutton Curry Recipe (without coconut) with step wise pictures.
Spicy and delicious mutton curry which has no coconut added in them. This not only taste amazing but is easy to make.
Its been a while since i shared any mutton recipe here. Yesterday hubby bought some mutton and i made two recipes for you all. It is this one and a mutton fry . Both of them turned out so good.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Mutton Curry Recipe (without coconut)
FOR COOKING MUTTON:
- Mutton - ½ kg cut it into small pieces
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tblsp
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / sombu - 2 tsp
- Onion - 2 large sliced
- Poppy seeds / Khus Khus / Kasa kasa - 2 tblsp
- Cashews - 10
- OIl - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Tomatoes - 2 large chopped
- Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tblsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curd - ½ cup
- Curry leaves - a small handful
- Coriander Leaves a handful
- Take mutton in a pressure cooker, add in salt, turmeric powder and ginger garlic paste. Pressure cook for 5 to 6 whistle. Remove and let the pressure escape by itself. Open and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel and onion and saute for 5 mins.
- Add in poppy seeds and cashews and mix well.
- Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
- Add in cardamom and cloves.
- Add in onions and saute for a min. Add tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in ground masala and saute till combined.
- Add in spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add in cooked mutton with water and mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 mins.
- Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Take mutton in a pressure cooker
2)Add salt and turmeric powder
3)Add in ginger garlic paste
4)Add little water
5)Cook for 5 to 6 whistle
6)Now it is done
7)Heat oil in a pan. Add fennel seeds
8)Add in onions
9)Add in poppy seeds
11)Mix well and cook till light golden
12)Take it in a blender and puree till smooth
13)Heat oil in a pan. Add in cumin seeds
14)Add in cardamom and cloves
15)Add in sliced onions
16)Saute till done
17)Add in ginger garlic paste
20)Cook till mushy
21)Add ground masala
23)Add in spice powders
24)Mix well and cook till raw smell leaves
25)Add in curry leaves
27)Add in yogurt
28)Add in mutton along with liquid
30)Cover and simmer
31)Cook till oil floats on top
32)Add coriander leaves