Fish Kara Kuzhambu Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
This recipe is easy to make. This fish kulambu is spicy and taste so good with some hot rice.
This recipe is adapted from Darbar samayal
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 1/4 cup
- Fenugreek Seeds / Vendayam - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Small onion / Shallots - 20
- Garlic - 10
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Raw Mango - 1 cubed
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Tomato - 3 chopped
- Dry Red Chillies - 15
- Curry leaves - a handful
- Black Pepper - 2 tsp
- Take grinding in a blender and grind till smooth.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan. Add in fenugreek seeds and fennel seeds and let them sizzle.
- Add in shallots, garlic and mix well.
- Add in curry leaves and mix well.
- Add in ground masala and cook till oil separates.
- Add in salt, spice powder and mix well.
- Cook till oil separates. Add in tamarind pulp and mix well. Add water.
- Add in raw mango and fish pieces. Cook for 5 to 10 mins.
- Add in Tomatoes and curry leaves and mix well.
1)Take black pepper in a blender
2)Add in dry chillies
3)Add in onion and tomatoes
4)Add curry leaves
5)Grind till smooth.
6)Heat coconut oil in a pan
7)Add in fenugreek seeds
8)Add in curry leaves
9)Add in shallots and garlic
11)Add ground masala
12)Mix well and cook till oil separates
13)Add coriander powder
14)Add cumin powder
15)Add in fennel seeds
16)Mix well and cook for few more mins.
17)I cooked on medium heat till oil separates
18)Add in tamarind water
20)Cook till oil separates
21)Add mango pieces
23)Cook on medium heat for 10 mins
27)Add in curry leaves