Fresh Methi Pulao Recipe - Fenugreek Leaves Pulav Recipe with step wise pictures.
Fresh methi pulao which taste so fresh and is very easy to make as well. This pulao makes a great lunch box dish when served with some raita and pickle.
Pulao or biryani comes handy when coming to lunch box recipes. This recipe goes perfect with some raita, i served it with onion raita. You can enjoy with any raita of choice. You will need a handful of ingredients to make this pulao and it comes together in less than 30 mins.
Jeera Veg Pulao
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Fresh Methi Pulao Recipe
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Cinnamon/ Pattai - 1 small piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Mint Leaves - ½ cup
- Fresh Fenugreek Leaves - 2 cups chopped finely
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Curd / Yogurt - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Chilli powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tblsp
- Basmati Rice - 2 cup
- Milk or Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cup
- Soak basmati rice for 30 mins.
- Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker. Add whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and saute till golden.
- Add in mint leaves and fenugreek leaves and mix well. Cook for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till softens.
- Add in spice powders, salt and yogurt. Mix well. Cook for 5 mins.
- Add in rice, milk and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Cover and cook on very low heat for 15 mins.
- Open the lid, fluff the rice and serve
1)Fresh methi leaves from our garden
2)Wash and drain fresh methi leaves
3)Chop it finely
4)heat ghee and oil in a pressure cooker. Add bay leaf, cinnamon and cardamom
6)Fry till golden brown
7)Add in mint leaves
8)Add in fresh methi leaves
9)Saute till it is wilted
10)Add in tomatoes
11)Cook till mushy
13) Add in spice powders and salt.
15)Add in yogurt
17)Add in basmati rice
20)Add in milk
21)Bring it to a boil. Simmer the flame to the lowest possible and cook for 15 mins.
Wow, Freshly grown methi leaves. This is amazing. Thanks for sharing.