Thattu Kadai Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
A very simple egg curry which taste amazing and is very easy to make as well. This fish curry is one of my favorite and is super delicious.
I have tasted a egg kulambu recipe before from a local shop and it was so delicious. They usually serve it with appam. I tried it recently at home and it was delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Thattukadai Egg Curry Recipe
- Coconut Oil - 4 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Kal Paasi - 2 piece
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Onion - 3 large sliced thinly
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Water as needed
- Chicken Stock Cube or Veg Stock Cube - 1
- Egg - 4 to 5 boiled
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and saute for few mins.
- Cover and cook till onion is wilted.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min,.
- Add in spice powders and salt. Cook for 2 mins. Add water and cook till oil separates.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in water, stock cube and mix well.
- Add in boiled eggs and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a kadai
2)Add whole spices
3)Add in dry red chillies
4)Let them sizzle.
5)Add in onions
7)Stir fry them for 1 min
8)Cover and cook
9)Cook till onion is wilted and soft. it will take around 5 mins
10)Add in ginger garlic paste
11)Cook till raw smell leaves
12)Add spice powders
13)Stir fry for a min
14)Add in a splash of water
16)Cover and cook
17)Cook till oil separates
20)Now the base is done
22)Add stock cube
24)Cook till oil floats on top
25)Add boiled eggs
26)Simmer for few more mins
27)Add coriander leaves
This is quite a dish. I am an egg person and I can get most, although not all of the ingredients. What a pretty color it is.
Thanks for the invite. Come visit me, if you have time.
Congratulations Aarthi!! It's great to see you receiving recognition for your wonderful blog! All the best, and Kudos!
Looks good Aarthi will defn try it
tried this egg curry and it was a hit,my kiddos love eggs,and they loved this dish.Thank you so much,you have an amazing collection of recipes,even tried out your tawa pulao,must say awesome and so simple.Thank you and do keep posting more such fabulous recipes.
Hey, Aarthi! I have a question. The recipe mentions tomatoes and they are pictured, but they are not present in the ingredient list. How many tomatoes do you need for this dish? I added two and it was fine, but I thought I'd ask.
@morriI have updated the recipe.
Tried the egg gravy tonit for chapathi n it was very delicious. But my husband Said tat it was too sweet. I'm not sure whether adding 2 tsp of sugar made the gravy sweet ...
I jus loved it.. Ty
This egg curry came out very well. We ate appum with it. I saw a comment here on the sugar and we did not add it. The coconut milk has its own sweetness that is enough. Great recipe. Thank you.
It came out very well. Kids loved it together with appum. We saw the comment on sugar and did not add. Coconut milk has a natural sweetness and that is enough. Your pictures are self explanatory. Good site.
hi aarti...curry turned out great.after adding spices,i blended in a mixer to get an even more smoother texture
Hi,the gravy came out very well.....the taste was awesome....hmmm yummy....continue posting yummy recipes....thank you