Thattu Kadai Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
A very simple egg curry which taste amazing and is very easy to make as well. This fish curry is one of my favorite and is super delicious.
I have tasted a egg kulambu recipe before from a local shop and it was so delicious. They usually serve it with appam. I tried it recently at home and it was delicious.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Coconut Oil - 4 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Kal Paasi - 2 piece
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Onion - 3 large sliced thinly
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Kashmiri chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Water as needed
- Chicken Stock Cube or Veg Stock Cube - 1
- Egg - 4 to 5 boiled
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and saute for few mins.
- Cover and cook till onion is wilted.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min,.
- Add in spice powders and salt. Cook for 2 mins. Add water and cook till oil separates.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in water, stock cube and mix well.
- Add in boiled eggs and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a kadai
2)Add whole spices
3)Add in dry red chillies
4)Let them sizzle.
5)Add in onions
7)Stir fry them for 1 min
8)Cover and cook
9)Cook till onion is wilted and soft. it will take around 5 mins
10)Add in ginger garlic paste
11)Cook till raw smell leaves
12)Add spice powders
13)Stir fry for a min
14)Add in a splash of water
16)Cover and cook
17)Cook till oil separates
20)Now the base is done
22)Add stock cube
24)Cook till oil floats on top
25)Add boiled eggs
26)Simmer for few more mins
27)Add coriander leaves