Gold Dust Cookies Recipe with step wise pictures.
A sparkling golden sugar coated cookies which looks stunning and is super easy to make as well. This cookies turn out so crispy and very buttery.
This recipe is nigella lawson’s recipe and it is so good. The cookies itself taste very buttery and melt in mouth. The cookies has a nice crunchy sugary top which not only looks pretty but taste amazing as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 1/3 cup
- Icing Sugar or Powdered Sugar - 3/4 cup
- Egg - 1
- Unsalted Butter - 60 grams
- Ginger Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Gold Sugar - as needed
- Take butter, sugar and egg in a bowl and mix well till creamy.
- Add in flour, baking powder, salt, ginger powder and make it into a soft dough.
- Divide the dough in half and wrap each dough in plastic wrap.
- Chill the dough in fridge for 1 hour.
- On the last 10 mins, preheat oven to 180 degree C. for 10 mins.
- Roll it between sheets of parchment paper or plastic wrap.
- Cut it using cookie cutters.
- Arrange on a parchment lined baking pan.
- Sprinkle the top with gold sugar.
- Bake for 8 to 10 mins.
- Remove from oven and cool down for 10 mins,.
1)Take soft butter and powdered sugar in a bowl. I used icing sugar,
you can use normal sugar which is powdered in a blender.
3)Cream it well
4)Add in flour
5)Add in dry ginger powder
6)Add in baking powder
7)Add a pinch of salt.
8)Knead to a dough
9)Divide in half and wrap in plastic wrap. Chill in fridge for 1 hour.
10)Remove it from fridge, unwrap it and roll it between two sheets of plastic wrap.
11)Remove the top sheet
12)Use this cookie cutter to cut out the cookies
13)Arrange it in a baking tray
14)take some glittering sugar
15)Sprinkle over the cookies
16)Bake till done