Green Peas Curry Recipe - Pattani Masala Recipe - Dried Peas Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious sidedish made using dried green peas which taste so yummy with either roti or rice. This can be used as ragda in chaat items.
An easy green peas curry made using dried green peas which taste super delicious. This gravy is very basic and taste super yummy on its own too. I make this curry more often than anything else since hubby loves green peas. He loves this dried peas than fresh or frozen peas.
You can also check out this mixed legumes curry which is high in protein.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Green Peas Curry Recipe
- Dried Green Peas - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small stick
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomatoes - 2 large chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Coriander leaves a handful finely chopped
- Soak green peas overnight. Take it in a pressure cooker, add salt, water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle. Turn off the flame and let the steam escape all by itself. Open the cooker and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pot, add cumin and cinnamon.
- Add in onions, green chillies and saute till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add in cooked peas along with liquid and mix well.
- Simmer for few mins.
- Add lemon juice and coriander leaves.
1)Soak green peas overnight. Drain and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle till it is done. Turn off the flame and let the steam escape by itself.
2)Heat oil in a pan, add cumin seeds and cinnamon
3)Add in onions, green chillies
4)Add in ginger garlic paste
6)Cook till golden
7)Add in tomatoes
8)Cook till mushy.
9)Now it is done.
10)Add in chilli powder, coriander, cumin, turmeric and garam masala powder.
12)Add cooked peas along with water
14)Simmer for few mins
15)Add in lemon juice