Indian Style Fried Chicken Recipe with step by step pictures
Delicious fried chicken recipe which has a indian twist to it. It is not only easy to make but taste so good. It is literally finger licking good.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Indian Fried Chicken Recipe
- Chicken - 500 grams with bone in
- Lemon juice to taste
- Baking powder - 1 tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Egg - 2
- All purpose flour / Maida - ¼ cup
- Cornflour - ¼ cup
- Chilli Powder - 2 tblsp
- Black Pepper powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Kashmiri Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Mix all the spices given in a bowl.
- Take chicken in a bowl, Add in lemon juice, half of the spice mix, baking powder and mix well. leave to marinate for 2 hours.
- Mix cornflour, flour, remaining spice mix, salt. beat eggs separtely.
- Dip chicken in the egg mix and coat in flour. Now set aside for 10 mins.
- Drop in oil and fry till golden and crispy. It will take around 10 to 12 mins.
- Serve hot.
1)I took all the spices in a bowl. I used chilli powder, pepper, coriander, cumin, garam masala powder, chaat masala powder and salt.
3)Take chicken in a bowl
4)Add in half of the spice mix
5)Add in lemon juice
6)Add in baking powder
7)Mix well and leave to marinate for 2 hours.
8)Take all purpose flour, cornflour in a bowl
9)Add remaining seasoning
11)Take egg in a bowl and whisk well
13)Time to assemble
14)Dip chicken in the egg
16)Now coat in the flour mix
18)Set aside to dry
19)Drop in hot oil and fry till golden
20)Keep frying till crispy
21)Drain and serve