Italian Christmas Cookies Recipe – Italian Lemon Cookies Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious buttery italian lemon cookies which is super easy to make and taste so additive. You can make it in different shapes.
Whenever you look for cookies out there on internet, this cookies will pop out sure..It is quite a popular cookie recipe. This cookie is great for any parties and special occasion. For parties make these cookies tiny ball like, It will be hit. You can make these cookies into small round and bake them too.
Hope you will give this cookies a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup 120 grams
- Unsalted Soft Butter - 50 grams 1/4 cup
- Icing Sugar / Confectioners Sugar - 1/3 cup 35 grams
- Salt a pinch
- Baking powder - 1/2 tsp
- Egg - 1
- Milk - 1/8 cup
- Lemon Extract - 1/2 tsp
- Icing Sugar / Confectioners Sugar - 1 cup 100 grams
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblsp
- Lemon Extract - 1/4 tsp
- Water as needed
- Preheat oven to 190 degree C. Line a tray with parchment paper and set aside.
- Take flour and butter in a bowl and use a fork to mix butter into the flour till it resembles breadcrumbs.
- Add in all ingredients and mix to a soft dough.
- Take small portion and shape it into different shapes.
- Arrange it on baking tray and bake for 15 to 17 mins.
- Remove it and cool completely.
- Now make icing, mix all the ingredients till it forms thick glaze.
- Dip each cookies in the glaze and decorate with sprinkles.
- Let it set on wire rack for few mins and then serve
1)Take all purpose flour in a bowl.
3)Use a fork to rub the butter into the flour
4)Now you can see the mixture resembles coarse breadcrumbs
5)Add in icing sugar
6)Add in baking powder
10)Add milk or cream
11)Add lemon extract
12)Mix to a dough
13)Now the dough is done.
14)Take small ball
15)Roll it like a rope
16)Shape as you like, below are few pictures of the shapes which i made.
17)I decided to make a braid. Take three small ball and roll it like a rope
18)Now braid it.
19)Arrange it in a parchment lined baking pan.
20)Bake till done. Dont let it get brown. Cool off completely.
21)Now make icing, take icing sugar
22)Add in lemon juice
23)Add lemon extract
24)Add little water
25)Whisk till creamy.
26)Take a cookie
27)Dip in the icing
28)Let the excess icing drip off
29)Arrange it in a cooling rack
30)Top with sprinkles
31)let the icing dry, store in a container.