Jack Fruit Fritters Recipe - Chakka Appam Recipe
Normally we used to make appam with ripe banana, but this one is little different. I used whole jack fruit for this and it was delicious. The aroma of jackfruit when you bite into the appam is heavenly. It is perfect for any occasions.
The outer coating is crispy and the inside is juicy and yummy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Jack Fruit Appam Recipe - Chakka Appam Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Rice Flour - ¼ cup
- Food Colour a pinch
- Sugar - ½ cup
- Salt a pinch
- Ripe Jack Fruit as needed seeds removed
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Baking Powder - ½ tsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Take water add sugar and mix till it is melted.
- Now add all ingredients in and mix to a smooth batter.
- Heat oil for deep frying.
- Take jack fruit and dip it in batter and deep fry till golden brown.
1)Take water in a bowl
2)Add in sugar
3)Add little food colour
4)Add a pinch of salt
5)Add some cardamom powder
7)Add in baking soda
8)Add in all purpose flour
10)Add in rice flour
11)Mix well, the batter has to be thick
12)Now remove seeds from jack fruit and set aside
13)Dip jack fruit in the batter
15)Drop in hot oil and fry till crispy and golden