Jelly Lamingtons Recipe – Lamington Jelly Cakes Recipe with step wise pictures.
Jelly Lamingtons Recipe. Super delicious and coconut lamington cake which has a jelly coating on the outside and it taste delicious.
Source WIKI: A lamington is a dessert of Australian origin. It consists of squares of sponge cake coated first in a layer of traditionallychocolate sauce, then in desiccated coconut. Lamingtons are sometimes served as two halves with a layer of cream orstrawberry jam between, and are commonly found in South African and Australasian outlets such as cafes, lunch bars, bakeries, home industries and supermarkets. A raspberry variety is also common in New Zealand, while a lemon variety has been encountered in Australia.
Past few days have been very hectic, i was very busy with mahima’s first birthday. Everything went great and we had a lovely birthday evening. My plan was to set up a sweet table with few baked goodies of mine. I planned 7 to 8 desserts and made everything a day in advance. This is one of the dessert. I had already made classic lamingtons in my blog. This one is a jelly version in which the vanilla cake is coated in jelly mix and rolled in coconut. It was to die for.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cup 240 grams
- Granulated Sugar - 1 cup 200 grams
- Baking Powder - 2 tsp
- Baking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Salt a pinch
- Unsalted Butter - 150 grams
- Egg - 2
- Vanilla Essence - 2 tsp
- Coconut Extract - 1 tsp
- Milk - 1 cup 240 ml
- Jelly Packets - 2 to 3 flavours
- Desiccated Coconut as needed
- Food Colours as needed
- Preheat oven to 180 Degree C.
- Take flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda in a bowl. Mix well and set aside.
- Take butter, sugar in a bowl and beat till creamy and fluffy.
- Add in egg and vanilla, beat again and till fluffy.
- Now add in flour mix and milk alternating, ending with flour.
- Pour this into a prepared pan. Bake it for 25 to 35 mins.
- Remove it and let it cool completely. once it is cooled, slice the dome off and cut into squares.
- Now make jelly, make it as per package directions.
- Now chill the jelly till it is 1/4 way set.
- Now take the cake and dip in the jelly mix, Roll in coconut and set aside.
- For making coloured coconut, add few drops of food colour to the coconut and coat the cake in that.
- Now chill the cake for 1 to 2 hours before serving.
1)Take flour in a bowl.
2)Add in baking powder
3)Add baking soda
6)Take butter in a bowl.
7)Add in sugar
8)Add in vanilla and coconut extract
10)Add in eggs
11)Whisk till combined.
12)Add flour mix
13)Add in milk.
14)Whip till mixed
16)Pour it in a parchment lined baking pan.
17)Bake till done.
18)Remove it and cool completely.
19)Cut it into squares
20)Take jelly crystals.
21)Cut open the packets in a bowl.
22)Prepare jelly as per package directions.
23)Let the jelly set half way.
24)Take the cake pieces
25)Coat it in the jelly
26)Roll in coconut.
27)Now it is coated well.
28)For making coloured coconut. Add few drops of food colour in the coconut and rub well using hands.
29)Till it is coated well.
30)Now prepare the lamington like this and chill in fridge till set.