Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Keerai Vadai Recipe - Spinach Paruppu Vada - Parippu Vadai Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious, crispy spinach vada also known as keerai vadai which makes a perfect tea time snack. It taste delicious when served hot with a cup of coffee.
I have taste keerai vadai many times, it is so delicious than parippu vada. It has lots of spinach in them and when had hot it taste so delicious.
Check out these two popular vada recipes.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Keerai Vadai Recipe - Spinach Paruppu Vada - Parippu Vadai Recipe
- Toor Dal / Tuvaram Paruppu - 1 cup
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Curry leaves 2 sprigs
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Salt to taste
- Spinach - 2 cups chopped finely
- Rice flour - 2 tblsp
- Oil for deep frying
- Soak toor dal for 2 to 3 hours. Drain completely.
- Take toor dal in a blender and pulse few times so it forms a coarse mix.
- Take it in a bowl, add all ingredients except oil and mix well.
- Take small ball and flatten it, now deep fry this on medium high heat till crispy and golden.
- Drain and serve hot.
1)Soak toor dal in water for 3 hours.
2)Now it is soaked
3)Drain it completely
4)Take it in a blender
5)Just pulse it few times so it is coarse. Dont add water.
6)Now the mix is coarse
7)Take it in a bowl
8)Add chopped onions
9)Add in green chillies
10)Add curry leaves
11)Add in ginger
12)Add fennel seeds
14)Add some salt to taste
15)Add in chopped spinach
17)Add some rice flour for binding
19) Take small ball
21)Deep fry in oil
22)Fry on medium heat till crispy and golden