Kongunadu Kozhi Kuzhambu - Kongu Style Chicken Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super spicy and fragrant chicken curry made kongu style with fresh spice powder and potato. This is not only easy to make but taste amazing.
This is a spicy chicken dish which taste fantastic. It is spicy and delicious. This taste amazing even with some pulao, biryani as well. You can even serve it with some roti or paratha too. But i enjoy it throughly with some rasam rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Kongunadu Kozhi Kuzhambu Recipe
FOR THE SPICE MIX
- Dry Red Chillies - 100 grams
- Coriander Seeds - 300 grams
- Cumin Seeds - 25 grams
- Black Pepper - 25 grams
- Gingelly Oil - ¼ cup
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small stick
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 3
- Cloves / Krambu - 3
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 2
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped finely
- Kuzhambu Milagai Thool - 3 to 4 tblsp recipe above
- Salt to taste
- Chicken - ½ kg
- Potato - 1 large peeled and cubed
- Water as needed
- Sundry the spices for a day and grind it in a blender till fine. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add onions, chillies and saute till light brown.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add in chicken and mix well.
- Add water. Cover and cook for 20 mins.
- Add potatoes and cook for another 15 mins.
1)Heat oil in a pan
2)add whole spices
3)Add sliced onions and chillies
5)Add ginger garlic paste and cook till onions get soft
6)Add in tomatoes
8)Add in spice mix
10)Add in chicken
12)Add some water
14)Cover and cook for 20 mins
16)Cook till potatoes are done