Pothi Choru Recipe – பொதி சோறு with step wise pictures.
Pothi choru is a kerala favorite. It is normally made the day before and taken to lunch the next day. Since everything is wrapped in banana leaf nothing gets spoiled. It taste better as it sits for hours.
I was wanting to try this recipe for so long now. Finally i made it today. It turned out perfect and tasty. This pothi choru is nothing but food wrapped in banana leaf along with a poriyal, coconut chammathi, fish fry and omelette. Since it is wrapped in toasted banana leaf this foods stays fresh for a long time. So it is a best recipe to take it for travel.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
FOR EGG OMELETTE:
- Egg - 2
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Salt to taste
- Oil as needed
- Cook everything as per recipes.
- Mix all ingredients for omelette and cook on a tawa with little oil.
- Wrap fish fry and pickle in small banana leaf.
- Take banana leaf and show it in flame so it gets flexible and is easy to fold.
- Spread banana leaf over a news paper.
- Spoon rice, mezhukkupuratti, chammanthi, omelette, fish fry and pickle.
- Wrap it well and pack with buttermilk and fish curry.
1)Take curry leaves and chillies
4)Add some salt
7)cook till bottom is done
8)Flip over and cook
9)Fry some fish
10)Recipe is given above
11)Show banana leaf in flame so it gets soft
12)Banana leaf is toasted
13)Now lets pack the lunch
14)Wrap fish fry and pickle in separate banana leaf
16)Place the big banana leaf in newspaper
17)Spoon some cooked matta rice
19)place some chammanthi
20)Place fish fry and pickle