Kudampuli Fish Curry Recipe - Kudampuli Meen Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
This tangy and spicy kudampuli fish curry is not only tasty but is very easy to make as well. Serve this with hot matta rice and it is just amazing.
This curry is inspired from our trip to cochin. We had this in one of the hotels for lunch and enjoyed it completely. I asked the recipe to the chef and he was kind enough to share it. So here you go.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Kudampuli Fish Curry Recipe
- Coconut Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped
- Garlic - 6 cloves
- Ginger - 2 inch piece
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 3 tblsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Kudampuli - 8 pieces
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Dry Red chillies - 2
- Curry leaves a handful
- Small Onion - 5 chopped
- Fish - 500 grams
- Salt to taste
- Grind onion, ginger, garlic, all spice powders to a smooth paste.
- Soak kudampuli in hot water for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, dry red chillies and curry leaves.
- Add onion and fry till golden
- Add in the masala and saute till oil leaves from it. it will take around 5 to 8 mins
- Now add in kudampuli and water.
- Bring it to a boil. Add fish and cook till oil floats on top.
- Add curry leaves and serve.
1)Take kudampuli in a bowl
2)Add hot water and let it soak for 15 mins
3)Take onions, ginger and garlic in a blender
4)Add in chilli powder
5)Add in kashmiri chilli powder
6)Add in coriander powder
7)Add in turmeric powder
8)Add little water and grind to a smooth paste
9)Heat coconut oil in a kadai
10)Add in mustard seeds
11)Add in dry red chillies
12)Add curry leaves
13)Add in onions
14)Saute till golden
15)Add in spice mix
17)Cook till oil leaves
18)Now the masala is done
19)Add tamarind mix
22)Bring it to a boil
25)Cover and cook
26)Now fish is done
27)Add curry leaves