Marzipan Chocolate Recipe – Eggless Marzipan Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious marzipan chocolate which is eggless. This is a healthy sweet treat for your kids. You can put them in their lunch box as well.
I have heard about marzipan but have never tasted it before. It is nothing but sweet almond dough which is formed from powdered almonds and sugar. There are so many versions out there of making marzipan. Traditionally sugar is cooked to certain stage and then mixed with almonds to form a play dough like consistency.
Marzipan is mainly used in making chocolate covered marzipans, covering cakes, shaped into fruits like which is then had as a treat. It is even stuffed inside stollen dough and baked.
I wanted to make a simple marzipan which can be had as a small treat. I created this eggless version because i am not comfortable eating raw eggs and also i know maha will enjoy this, so i dont want to risk giving her raw eggs. This eggless version was perfect and it gave a delicious marzipan.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Almonds / Badam - 1 cup
- Icing Sugar / Confectioners Sugar - ½ cup to ¾ cup
- Lemon Juice - 1 tsp
- Almond Extract - ½ tsp
- Honey or Maple Syrup or Liquid Glucose - as needed
- Dark Chocolate - 1 cup chopped or chips
- Butter - 2 tblsp
- Take almonds in a blender and make it into a fine powder.
- Add icing sugar, almond extract, lemon juice and whizz it up.
- Now take it in a bowl and add honey little by little and mix well to a dough.
- Shape the dough into a rectangle like.
- Cut it into small squares and put it in fridge to set for 10 mins.
- Melt chocolate and butter together.
- Now coat each almond marzipan in the chocolate and arrange it in a parchment paper.
- Set it in fridge for 30 mins.
2)Keeps well for 10 days
1)Take 1 cup almonds in a blender
2)Powder it finely.
3)Add in 1/2 cup to 3/4 cup of powdered sugar
4)Add few drops of almond extract
5)Add some lemon juice
6)Blend it again.
7)Take it in a bowl.
8)Now add honey little by little and knead it well.
9)Keep mixing and keep kneading. Add more honey as needed.
10)Make it into a soft dough like.
11)Now take it in a sheet of parchment paper
12)Roll it into a rectangle like
13)Cut it into small squares. Pop this in fridge to firm up a little.
14)Now make the chocolate coating. Take some butter in a sauce pan.
15)Melt it gently
16)Add some chopped chocolate or chocolate chips. Dark chocolate is better.
17)Now it is melted.
18)Take the marzipan and coat it in chocolate
19)Remove it carefully using a fork.
20) Arrange it in a parchment lined paper.
21)Chill it for few mins.
23)You can store this in fridge in a air tight container.