I should admit, even though i am not a big fan of fish, i love fried fish. They are crispy and spicy and tangy and frankly they are not too fishy. I have many many varieties of fried fish recipe in this blog, this is my addition to them. I love them so much, i cannot make them in new ways each time.
- Fish - 3 medium size cleaned and slit
- Coconut Oil - 3 to 5 tblspn
- Curry leaves a handful
- For Marination:
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 2 tblspn
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblspn
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice - 1 to 2 tblspn
- Water few spoons
- Mix all the ingredient for the marination to a thick paste. Apply it all over the fish and leave to marinate for 30 mins, you can place it over sunlight or leave it on the counter.
- Heat coconut oil in a pan, place fish over it and cook covered for 7 to 8 mins, flip over and cook on other side till crispy and cooked.
- Add in curry leaves and mix well.
- Serve hot.
|Take your ingredients|
|You can use any fish..i happened to use some mackeral|
|make deep slashes over them|
|Now take your marinating ingredients
You will need chilli pdr, kashmiri chilli pdr, turmeric pdr,
garam masala, ginger garlic paste, lemon juice & salt
|First mix all of them except the lemon|
|squeeze in some lemon juice|
|add very little water|
|now it is a thick paste|
|apply the marination in the slashes|
|rub it all over the fish|
|apply it inside the fish as well|
|apply the marination inside the fish as well|
|once you have rubbed the marination all over it|
|this is my hubby’s trick, if you have some sunlight falling inside your kitchen,
just place the fish on it. Let it sit in the sunlight for 30 mins or so.
|Now the marination has gone deep into the fish|
|heat some coconut oil in a pan|
|place fish over it|
|cover the pan with a lid and cook for 7 to 8 mins|
|now the fish must be cooked|
|flip over and cook on other side|
|now both the side is done|
|sprinkle lots of curry leaves over the fish|