Mushroom Sandwich with step by step pictures. Delicious sandwich made with onions, pepper and mushrooms stuffed inside bread and grilled.
I was thinking what to make for lunch, i felt like having something cheesy, but was too lazy to make pizza because i have to whip up pizza dough and stuffs like that. So i decided to try out a sandwich recipe which has all the ingredient which we add in a pizza, i also used some mushrooms in it.. And guess what it was a super hit.
About this Recipe
A sandwich is a food that typically consists of vegetables, sliced cheese, or meat placed on or between slices of bread, or more broadly any dish in which bread serves as a container or wrapper for another type of food. The sandwich originated in the Western world as a portable, convenient finger food, but it has since spread
throughout the world.
Who is the true inventor of the sandwich?
The sandwich is named after John Montagu, 4th Earl of Sandwich, an English aristocrat from the eighteenth century. He is said to have asked his valet to bring him meat sandwiched between two slices of bread.
What's the difference between sandwich bread and regular bread?
Sandwich bread can be designed to slice easily, cleanly, and uniformly, and it can have a fine crumb (the soft, inner part of the bread) and a light texture. Sandwich bread can be designed with a balanced proportion of crumb and crust to hold and support fillings while reducing drips and messiness.
Peanut Butter and Banana Sandwich
Massive 35+ Sandwich Recipes
Tri Colour Grill Sandwich
Triple Club Sandwich
Veg Mayo Sandwich
Grilled Potato Sandwich
Roasted Pepper Sandwich
Grilled Soya Kheema Sandwich
Spiced Potato Sandwich
Triple Veg Grilled Sandwich
Vegetable Grilled Sandwich
I am sure if you make this for your little one they will love it for sure. You can wrap this in foil and give them for lunch as well.
Ingredients for Mushroom Cheese Sandwich
Edible mushrooms have a meaty, earthy flavour and are one of the foods that contain umami, the fifth primary taste. Umami is described by chefs as a savoury, brothy flavour that spreads across the tongue and lingers in the mouth.
It has a strong, pungent aroma and flavour and should be used with caution. In cooking, both fresh and dried forms of the herb are used. Oregano is anti-inflammatory and has the ability to kill certain infections. It is high in dietary fibre, as well as vitamins A, C, K, and iron.
Because of their higher sugar content, red capsicums are the sweetest and highest in vitamin C and beta carotene. Orange and yellow capsicums contain nearly as much sugar as red capsicums, whereas green capsicums have a low sugar content due to early picking, which gives them a slightly bitter taste.
Version 1 : Mushroom Cheese Sandwich
Mushroom Sandwich Step by Step
|Take all your ingredients for filling|
📖 Recipe Card
Mushroom Sandwich Recipe | Mushroom Cheese Sandwich (Two Ways)
- Bread Slices - 6
- Olive Oil - 2 tblspn
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Capsicum - ½ sliced thinly
- Mushrooms - 200 grams sliced thinly
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli Flakes - 1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 to 3 tblspn
- Oil for Grilling
- Mozzarella Cheese - 1 cup grated
- Heat oil in a pan, Add in onions, capsicum and cook them till onions are caramelized. It will take around 10 mins.
- Now add in mushroom and cook them down for 5 mins or so.
- Now add in oregano, salt, red chilli flakes and mix well. Add in ketchup and mix well.
- Take one slice of bread, place some filling in, place cheese on top. Cover with a slice of bread. Now spoon some filling in and top with cheese and place another slice of bread.
- Oil a grill maker or a sandwich maker or a tawa. Place the sandwich in and grill for 3 to 4 mins till golden.
- Remove it carefully and cut into wedges.Serve.
Version 2 : Mushroom Sandwich (Baked)
My favorite sandwich of all time. I made this using the whole wheat submarine rolls which i baked fresh. I filled it with spicy mushroom filling and topped with lots of cheese. each mouthful was so good..The bread was so porous and wholesome. The filling was just sauted onions, peppers and mushrooms. You can taste all the bit of woody flavour in it..YUM YUM..
Preparation Time : 10 mins
Cooking Time: 45 mins
Serves - 3 to 4
Ingredients for Sandwich
- Bread of your choice ( I used Whole Wheat Submarine Rolls)
- Olive oil - 4 tblspn
- Mushrooms - 3 cups sliced thinly ( I used Button)
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tblspn
- Onions - 1 large sliced thinly
- Bell Pepper / Capsicum - 1 large sliced thinly
- Garlic - 4 cloves chopped finely
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Cheese - as needed ( I used Mozarella)
- Tomato Ketchup as needed to spread on bread
- Mayonnaise as needed to spread on bread
How to Make Mushroom Sandwich
- Slice your mushrooms thinly and sprinkle some flour over it. Toss well in the flour and set aside.
- Take a frying pan and heat 2 tblspn of oil in it.
Add the flour coated mushrooms in it and mix well in the oil.
- Season with some salt and pepper..
- Cook this on high heat for 10 mins till the mushroom is cooked and gets nice colour. Remove it to a plate and set aside.
- Heat a 1 tblspn of oil in the same pan and add in onions, peppers and toss well in the oil.
- Sprinkle some salt and pepper in it and mix well.
- Cook it for 10 to 15 mins till the onions turn soft and translucent and gets a little colour.
- Add in oregano and mix well.
- Add in garlic and cook for a couple of mins.
- Now add cooked mushrooms in this and mix well.
- Your filling is done.
- Lets make the sandwich. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C/ 400 degree F.
- Now take your favorite bread and split them in half. Drizzle some oil in it and toast them in grill pan.
- Remove them to a board. Spread some ketchup on one side and some mayo on other side.
- Place some filling on one side of the bread.
- Sprinkle with cheese and cover with another half.
- Wrap this in foil and put them in a preheated oven for 8 - 10 mins.
- Remove from the oven, carefully open the package. Slice the rolls and serve.
|You will need mushrooms,garlic, onions, bell peppers,
salt, pepper, flour , cheese, olive oil,
ketchup & oregano
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.