Pizza = Kids favourite, not only kids even adults go crazy for pizzas. Making it at home is super easy and affordable than you think. I have shared like so many pizza recipes on my blog so far. The first stage of making pizza is forming the crust. You can use some of my favourite pizza crust recipes on my blog.
I just used the mushroom filling alone. But you can go further and top with raw sliced bell peppers, onion slices, olives and tomatoes for more filling and tasty toppings. If you are not a fan of mushrooms you can add paneer or chicken instead of mushrooms or check out the other pizza which i have on my blog. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Mushroom Pizza Recipe - Whole Wheat Mushroom Pizza Recipe
- Whole Wheat Pizza Dough - 1 batch
- Olive Oil - 1 tblspn
- Mushrooms - 2 cups sliced thinly
- Onion - 1 small chopped finely
- Pizza Sauce or Tomato Sauce as needed
- Oregano - 1 tsp
- Chilli flakes - 1 tsp
- Dried Parsley - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Mozzarella Cheese as needed grated
- Start by making pizza dough and set aside to rise.
- Preheat oven to 250 degree C. Set oven to heat with bottom rod only. So the bottom gets crispy when baked.
- Heat oil in a pan, add in onions and mushrooms and saute for 5 mins or so till cooked.
- Add in oregano, salt, chilli flakes and parsley.Mix well. Filling done.
- Take dough, spread it evenly. Top with tomato sauce, mushroom filling, top with oregano, chilli flakes and cheese.
- Bake for 15 to 20 mins.
2)For crispy top, bake with top and bottom rod on for the mentioned time.
3)You can top with bell pepper, onions and olives too.
1)Start by making whole wheat pizza dough, you can check recipe here. This dough is wonderful, it is soft and makes perfect pizza.
2)Start by making your toppings, slice onions and mushrooms thinly
3)Heat olive oil in a pan, add your onions and mushrooms and saute them
4)Saute them for few mins on high heat.
5)The water from mushrooms will start to leave from mushrooms, keep mixing and cook till all the water dries up.
6)Now it is all browned and cooked.
7)Add salt to taste
9)Add in chilli flakes
10)Add in some dried parsley
11)Mix well and cook on high heat
12)Add in tomato sauce or ketchup.
13)Mix well, now the filling is done.set this aside.
14)Now take your pizza dough, it has risen. Knead the dough well.
15)Take a portion of dough on a well floured surface.
16)Spread it pretty evenly
17)Make a rim using your fingers, place it on a oiled baking pan
19)Spread the sauce evenly
20)Now top the sauce with the mushrooms
21)Sprinkle with oregano
22)You can top with some more chilli flakes if you need it to be spicy
23)Top with lots of cheese, i am using mozzarella cheese.
24)Pop this tray in a 250 degree C preheated oven. The oven should be heated with bottom rod on. So you get a nice crispy crust and the top will be still gooey and cheesy. The pizza should be baked for 15 to 20 mins.