Baking bread is one of the therapeutic thing you can do in the kitchen. Believe it or not, it is my stress reliever. I enjoy kneading the dough and watch it grow then shape it into desired size and bake it to perfection. Each time i bake a bread, i love how the texture turns out. I have baked many types of bread and have shared so many recipes on my blog, check the recipe here.
This recipe is a flour free recipe, this bread calls for semolina flour. In many countries you could get semolina flour, i think you can purchase it online in amazon. I used sooji flour in this recipe, i took our regular sooji or rava and powdered it myself in blender till it is fine. Then i used that flour to make the dough.
Once the dough is made it is just like other regular bread recipes. The dough rised beautifully and the bread was so soft and spongy with a perfect crust. This bread is perfect for sandwiches or having with a cup of tea. You can store this bread for upto a week in fridge and for 2 to 3 days at room temparature.
Whole Wheat Bread
Multi Grain Bread
Vegan White Bread
Oats Honey Bread
Milk Honey Bread
Garlic and herb bread
You can easily make this bread, it is completely vegan.
Eggless Banana Bread
Eggless Whole Wheat Banana Bread
Banana Cornflakes Muffins
Banana Chocolate Cupcakes
Banana Nut Muffins
Banana Oats Muffin
Banana Oats Bran Muffins
Banana Oats Muffins
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Semolina Sandwich Bread Recipe - Sooji Loaf Bread Recipe - Rava Bread Recipe
- Sooji or Semolina - 500 grams powdered
- Dry Yeast - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil - 2 tblsp
- Warm Water as needed
- Take sooji or semolina in a blender and powder finely. Set aside.
- Take yeast, sugar in a bowl, add little warm water and mix well. Set this mixture aside for 5 mins till yeast is activated.
- Now take some warm water in a bowl, add salt and olive oil. Mix well. Add the yeast water and mix well.
- Add the sooji flour and mix well using a spoon. Set the dough aside for 10 mins which gives time for the sooji to absorb the water.
- Now mix well for few mins. Cover and leave to rise for 1 to 2 hours. During the last 10 mins of rising preheat oven to 190 degree C.
- Now add more sooji flour and knead well till it is smooth.
- Flatten the dough, roll it tightly.
- Place it in a oiled loaf pan and leave to rise for 45 mins.
- Pop it in oven and bake for 35 to 45 mins. If the top gets too dark, place a sheet of foil over the top and continue baking.
- Remove from oven, cool for 10 mins before removing from pan. Cool completely and then slice and serve.
2)You can use honey instead of sugar
3)You can use melted butter instead of olive oil.
1)Heat some water in a sauce pan, till it is warm. We are going to use this water to activate yeast and to make the dough.
2)Take yeast in a bowl. I am using dry yeast.
3)Add some sugar into the yeast. Yeast need sugar and warm water to get activated.
4)Add little warm water and mix well. Now set the bowl aside for 5 mins. The mixture will get bubbly.
5)Now the yeast has activated. The mixture is nice and bubbly
6)Take sooji / rava in a blender and powder finely. We are going to use this flour for the bread
7)Now the flour is nicely blended.
8)Take warm water in a large mixing bowl.
9)Add salt to taste
10)Add in oil. I used olive oil.
11)Add in the yeast mixture
12)Mix really well
13)Add the sooji flour.
14)Use a spoon to mix well. Set this mixture aside for 10 mins so the sooji gets a chance to absorb the water.
15)See how thick the mixture has got.
16)Now mix well.
17)Cover and let the dough rise for 1 to 2 hours.
18)Now it has risen.
19)Add more sooji flour and knead well so it is soft and smooth.
20)Now it is soft and smooth.
21)Take the dough onto a floured surface
22)Flatten it gently
23)Roll it out
24)Roll it pretty tightly
26)Place it inside a oiled loaf pan and leave to rise for 30 to 45 mins. During the last 10 minutes of rising, preheat oven to 190 degree C.
27)Place the pan into the oven and bake for 35 to 45 mins. If you see the bread is getting too coloured, cover it lightly with foil and bake.
28)Cool the bread for 15 to 20 mins in the pan and then unmould it. Cool the bread completely before slicing and serving.
Approximately how much water require to make this bread?
you will need around 250 ml to 350 ml
How many days can it be stored at romm temp and in refrigerator?
store in fridge for a week
How is 500g in cups for rava.thanks
can you recommend alternative for yeast?
Hi aarthy hope you are doing good... Cns we use roasted rava for this... I don't get u roasted rava in my place. Thanks in advance
yes you can use
I had tried once with suji, boy bread was very sticky and tough to handle.. Don't you need to knead the dough here
I have been making this bread but as it cools down it turns drier as if left in open air for hours,
Could you guess the reason?