Mushroom Tahiri Recipe - Pressure Cooker Method with step wise pictures.
Easy and fast mushroom tahiri which taste so delicious with some onion raita and gravy. This is a easy one pot dish to make.
Pulao or biryani comes handy when coming to lunch box recipes. This recipe goes perfect with some raita, i served it with cucumber raita and soya chunks salna. You can enjoy with any raita of choice. You will need a handful of ingredients to make this pulao and it comes together in less than 30 mins.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Mushroom Tahiri Recipe
- Ghee - 2 tblsp
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Start Anise - 1
- Mace - 1
- Onion - 2 large sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 2 tblsp
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Mushroom - 200 grams chopped
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 2 tblsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tblsp
- Mint Leaves - ½ cup chopped
- Coriander Leaves - ¼ cup chopped
- Seera Samba Rice or Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Soak rice for 30 mins.
- Heat ghee and oil in a pressure cooker. Add in whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and cook till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste and mix well.
- Add tomatoes and mushroom and mix well.
- Add salt and spice powders and mix well.
- Add in mint and coriander leaves.
- Add in rice and water. Bring it to a boil.
- Cover and pressure cook for 1 whistle.
- Turn off the flame and let the steam escape by itself.
- Open the flame and fluff the rice.
1)Heat oil and ghee in a pressure cooker, add in whole spices
2)Add in sliced onions
3)Add in salt.
4)Cook till golden
5)Add in ginger garlic paste
6)Add mushroom and tomatoes
8)Cook till tomatoes is softened
9)Add in spice powders
11)Add mint and coriander leaves
14)Add rice and bring it to a boil
15)Cover and cook
17)Fluff up the rice