Mutton Ghee Rice Recipe - Mutton Nei Choru Recipe with step wise pictures.
The most delicious ghee rice recipe which has mutton added for extra taste. This ghee rice taste amazing with some onion raita on the side.
Pulao or biryani comes handy when coming to lunch box recipes. This recipe goes perfect with some raita, i served it with cucumber raita. You can enjoy with any raita of choice. You will need a handful of ingredients to make this pulao and it comes together in less than 30 mins.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Mutton Ghee Rice Recipe
- Mutton - ½ kg
- Curd - ½ cup
- Salt to taste
- Mint Leaves - 1 cup
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblsp
- For Ghee Rice:
- Basmati Rice - 2 cups
- Coconut Oil - ¼ cup
- Bay Leaf - 1
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 5
- Cloves / Krambu - 5
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 small stick
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Anasi poo / Star anise - 1
- Black Stone Flower / Kal paasi - 2 piece
- Onion - 3 large sliced thinly
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 3 tblsp
- Green Chillies - 6 to 7 slit
- Water - 2 to 3 cups
- Ghee - ¼ cup
- Cashews a handful
- Raisins / Kishmish - a small handful
- Take mutton in a bowl, add all marination ingredients and mix well. Leave to marinate for 1 hour.
- Heat oil in a pot or cooker. Add whole spices and fry for 2 mins.
- Add onions and cook till golden.
- Add ginger garlic paste and chillies and cook for 2 mins.
- Add mutton and stir fry for 5 to 10 mins.
- Cover and pressure cook for 6 to 7 whistle. Let the pressure release and open the cooker. You will have around 1 cup of water in the pan. Add remaining 3 cups of water and bring it to a boil.
- Once it boils cook for 5 mins on high heat till most of the water evaporates.
- Now reduuce the flame to a low.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cashews and raisins and fry till golden brown.
- Pour this over rice and cover the pan. Cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Open the cooker and fluff the rice.
1)Take mutton in a bowl
4)Add mint leaves
5)Add lemon juice
7)heat oil in a pressure cooker
8)Add whole spices
9)Fry for 2 mins
10)Add sliced onions
11)Mix well. Cook till light golden
12)Add ginger garlic paste and green chillies
16)Cook till mutton is lightly seared
17)Cover and pressure cook for 5 to 7 whistle
18)Open the cooker, you must have around 1 cup of water in the pan
19)Add 3 cups of water
20)Add soaked rice
23)Boil till most of the water is dried
24)Heat ghee in a pan
25)Add cashews and raisins
26)Fry till golden
27)Pour over the pulao
28)Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins
30)Fluff up the rice and serve.