Navratan Korma or Navaratna Kurma with Step by Step Pictures. Creamy and delicious kurma made using a variety of vegetables and dried fruits.
Navratan Korma Recipe
Hai friends. Hope everyone had a great day. I wish all my friends a bright and peaceful week. Today is the final day in blogging marathon and my last recipe is a special one. It is made with seven kinds of veggies(hence the name). The veggies is cooked in a lovely cashew and cream sauce. This is one of the typical dish in all mughal cuisine.
Ingredients for Navratan Korma
- Cumin seeds
Navratan Korma Preparation
- Take carrot,potato,peas,capsicum,beans,cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl. Sprinkle some salt to this and microwave for 5 min.
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a kadai and add in cashew and badam and fry for 1 min. Add in onions and cook till golden..Add in ginger garlic paste,green chilli and mix well. Now take this in a blender and puree it to smooth paste.
- Now in the same kadai add remaining ghee and crackle some cumin seeds and mix well.
- Add in paneer pieces and mix well. Add in coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add in the cooked veggies and mix well.
- Pour in the ground masala and mix well. Season with salt.
- Add in curd and mix well. Pour in required amount of water and bring that to boil.
- Pour in the cream and simmer for 5 mins.
- Serve hot with roti or rice.
Navratan Korma Recipe | Navaratna Kurma Recipe
- Onion-1 sliced
- Potato-1 chopped
- Carrot-1 chopped
- Beans-5 chopped
- Paneer-½ packet cubed
- Peas-1 cup
- Cauliflower-1 cup florets
- Capsicum-½ chopped
- Ginger & Garlic Paste- 1 tblspn
- Green chilli-2
- Coriander powder/Malli podi-1 tblspn
- Garam masala powder-1 tsp
- Raisans-1 tblspn
- Cumin seeds/Jeera-1 tsp
- Cashew-1 tblspn
- Badam-1 tblspn
- Milk or Cream-½ cup
- Yoghurt /Curd-¾ cup
- Salt to taste
- Ghee-1 tblspn
- Take carrot,potato,peas,capsicum,beans,cauliflower in a microwave safe bowl..Sprinkle some salt to this and microwave for 5 min…
- Heat 1 tsp of ghee in a kadai and add in cashew and badam and fry for 1 min..Add in onions and cook till goden..Add in ginger garlic paste,green chilli and mix well…Now take this in a blender and puree it to smooth paste..
- Now in the same kadai add remaining ghee and crackle some cumin seeds and mix well…
- Add in paneer pieces and mix well…Add in coriander powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Now add in the cooked veggies and mix well..
- Pour in the ground masala and mix well..Season with salt..
- Add in curd and mix well..Pour in required amount of water and bring that to boil…
- Pour in the cream and simmer for 5 mins..
- Serve hot with roti or rice…
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
|Grab your ingredients|
|Microwave veggies with some salt..|
|Fry cashew, badam, chilli, ginger garlic paste, onions in oil.|
|Grind them into paste|
|Crackle some cumin seeds|
|add in raisins and mix well|
|add in paneer pieces and mix well|
|coriander powder and garam masala powder...|
|add in steamed veggies|
|pour over the cashew sauce...|
|and some curd..|
|simmer it for a while...|
|add in some cream and simmer for 3 min..|
|Garnish with cilantro...|
|It goes perfect with rotis.|
looks perfect! Sure it tasted yummy too.Thanks for sharing all the Nawabi dishes!
Do check out my event and send me your entries.
rich and creamy !!
Thanks for sharing the super exquisite recipe !! love it..
Dear Aarthi, I love learning about new traditions and ways to cook. This looks delicious with the many flavorful spices and cream sauce. Blessings for a beautiful day, Catherine
Lovely and yummy..yummy tummy's yummy tummy Navratna Korma :)))
yummy dish, looks very rich and creamy, great with rotis..
Mmmm.. this looks delicious! Love all the veggies you use in it!
Have a nice week,
Rich looking delicious kurma,love with some rotis..
Nami nami.I already see myself diping roti in thsi fantatsic sauce;))You have done well in thsi marathon and arrived on finish line and with what dishes :)))
Lovely creamy gravy full of flavours and veggies... Perfect for rotis 🙂
Mmm, this's delicious. We order this as a veggie option whenever we dine out at an Indian restaurant. Loved your pictorial. The first shot is brilliant!
with all the rich ingredients...surely a delicious nawabi!
Nice recipe! I liked all the recipes you posted for the bm
awesome veg curry and love the detailed explanation and pictorials....
Looks so tempting and delicious.
Totally droolworthy !!looks so creamy and rich in flavour too.
wow ! looks good .. liked your Nawabi spread Aarthi!
New Event: Fasting Foods – Vrat ka Khaana Special
Event: healthy Lunchbox ideas – Carrots – all this August
I love it, but never tried at home,looks so rich and yummY!
Beautiful presentation and it looks yummy!!!!
I simply adore Navaratna Korma..Yours look very rich and tasty..yum.
love your version..looks creamy and must be perfect with rotis..
Yummy Yummy, love all the veggies and the cashew cream sauce sounds wonderful. Thanks!
I love this wonder dish.
Sounds like something new to try, and looks delicious. Thanks for sharing.
I have never tasted this roti. Looks really yummy and bookmarked right away. will be trying..
Indian Restaurants in Rajendra Nagar
I made this today, and it came out awesome! Thanks!
Hi Aarthi, I have chosen Navaratan kurma to make for my office potluck, believe me i just loved it..it has come out so tasty.. my office colleagues and friends loved it.Thansk you so much. want to try paneer pulav tomorrow.