Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Onion Tomato Gotsu Recipe - Thakkali Kotsu Recipe - Sidedish for Idli & Dosa with step wise pictures.
I made this kotsu and served with my quinoa idli and it was fantastic.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Onion Tomato Gotsu Recipe - Thakkali Kotsu Recipe - Sidedish for Idli & Dosa
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Tomato - 3 chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar or Jaggery - 1 tsp or to taste
- Tamarind - 1 small gooseberry size
- Water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds. Add in asaofetida and mix well.
- Add in onions and green chillies.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and cook the onions for few mins.
- Add in tomatoes and cook that till it gets mushy.
- Add in chilli and coriander powder along with salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add in tamarind water and water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 mins.
1)Prepare all your ingredients
2)Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds
3)Add in a pinch of asafoetida
4)Add in curry leaves and let it crackle
5)Add in onions and green chillies
6)Saute till onions gets translucent
7)Add in salt and turmeric powder
8)Cook that for couple of mins
9)Add in chopped tomatoes
10)Saute them for few minutes.
11)Cook till tomatoes gets mushy
12)Add in chilli and coriander powder
14)Cook till oil separates from the masala
15)Add a pinch of sugar
16)Add in tamarind juice
18)Add more water
19)Boil till it reaches the right consistency