Onion Tomato Gotsu Recipe with step by step pictures. Delicious side dish for idli dosa made with onions and tomatoes.
Simple Onion Tomato Gotsu Recipe
Onion Tomato Gotsu Recipe - Thakkali Kotsu Recipe - Side dish for Idli & Dosa with step wise pictures.
I made this kotsu and served with my quinoa idli and it was fantastic.
Green Capsicum Chutney
Red Capsicum Chutney
Chilli Garlic Chutney
Onion Tomato Chutney
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Onion Tomato Gotsu Recipe | Thakkali Kotsu Recipe | Side dish for Idli & Dosa
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Tomato - 3 chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar or Jaggery - 1 tsp or to taste
- Tamarind - 1 small gooseberry size
- Water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan. Crackle mustard seeds. Add in asaofetida and mix well.
- Add in onions and green chillies.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and cook the onions for few mins.
- Add in tomatoes and cook that till it gets mushy.
- Add in chilli and coriander powder along with salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add in tamarind water and water and bring it to a boil.
- Simmer for 5 to 10 mins.
Onion Tomato Gotsu Recipe Step by Step Pictures
1)Prepare all your ingredients
2)Heat oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds
3)Add in a pinch of asafoetida
4)Add in curry leaves and let it crackle
5)Add in onions and green chillies
6)Saute till onions gets translucent
7)Add in salt and turmeric powder
8)Cook that for couple of mins
9)Add in chopped tomatoes
10)Saute them for few minutes.
11)Cook till tomatoes gets mushy
12)Add in chilli and coriander powder
14)Cook till oil separates from the masala
15)Add a pinch of sugar
16)Add in tamarind juice
18)Add more water
19)Boil till it reaches the right consistency
The intro talks of 'nuttyness from peanuts'.
But no mention of peanuts in. the recipe.
This is Delicious. Simple recipe. Thanks for sharing.