Nei Appam Recipe with step by step pictures. Easy to make wheat flour appam made with wheat flour, ghee, jaggery.
Wheat Flour Nei Appam Recipe - Godhumai Appam Recipe with Step wise pictures.
About Nei Appam (Ghee Appam)
Making nei appam can be time consuming, making the rice batter, fermenting it can be quite a big task. But this is a instant recipe made without banana and the ground up rice. This can be made in less than 30 mins. So give it a try and you will love it..
The batter is made using wheat flour and it is pan fried in kuzhi paniyaram pan with less oil. So it is healthy and tasty too. These appam turns out to be super soft and fluffy.
Video for Nei Appam Recipe
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Nei Appam Recipe | Ghee Appam Recipe
- ½ cup Wheat flour / Atta
- ½ cup Rawa / Sooji / Semolina
- ½ cup Rice Flour
- 1 cup Jaggery grated
- ½ cup Coconut grated
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ¼ tsp Salt
- Ghee / Oil - for frying
- Water as needed
- Take all ingredients in a bowl except ghee. Add water and make into a soft and smooth batter. Let this mixture sit for 15 mins.
- Now heat a paniyaram pan. I used a nonstick paniyaram chatti.
- Add in ghee and let that heat up. Drop spoonfuls of batter into the chatti and fry till golden. Flip over and cook on other side too till it is crispy.
- Remove it and let it drain in a paper towel.
Nei Appam with Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|