Palak Chicken Recipe - Pasalai Keerai Chicken Curry with step wise pictures.
Palak chicken taste so delicious and is very easy to make as well. The creamy palak puree gives a nice taste to the whole dish.
This is a simple chicken curry made using fresh spices and spinach puree. This chicken dish is so easy to make, you need basic ingredients. If you use small chicken pieces then it will be more tasty.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Palak Chicken Recipe - Pasalai Keerai Chicken Curry
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Ghee - 3 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 stick
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Onion - 1 large chopped very finely
- Tomato - 2 large chopped very finely
- Chicken - 500 grams cubed
- Palak - 2 cups puree
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander Powder - 1 tblsp
- Cumin powder - 1 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Dried Fenugreek Leaves / Kasuri methi leaves - 1 tblsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and cook for 5 mins.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in chicken and sear for few mins.
- Add in spice powders, salt and mix well.
- Add in palak puree and mix well.
- Add little water and cover and cook for 15 mins.
- Add fenugreek leaves and mix well.
1)Heat oil or ghee in a kadai
2)Add in cumin seeds, cardamom and cinnamon
3)Add finely chopped onions
4)Add in salt.
5)Cook till golden
6)Add in finely chopped tomatoes
7)Cook till mushy
8)Now tomatoes are soft
9)Add in chicken pieces
11)Add in chilli powder, coriander powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder
12)Saute them for few mins
13)Add in palak puree. This is spinach puree
15)Add enough water
16)Cover and cook
17)Now the curry is done
18)Add dried fenugreek leaves