Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Rolled Oats Upma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Rolled oats upma taste so delicious with any chutney or on its own. This taste amazing and is very easy to make and is very healthy too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Rolled Oats Upma Recipe
- Rolled Oatmeal - 1 cup
- Hot Boiling Water - 1 cup
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu paruppu - ½ tsp
- Chana Dal / Kadalai paruppu - 1 tsp
- Peanuts - 1 tblsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2 cut into small pieces
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Dry Roast oats for 4 to 5 mins till golden. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions and fry for a min.
- Add in oats and mix well.
- Add in boiling water and salt and mix well.
- Cover and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Fluff up the oatmeal.
1)Dry roast rolled oats for 4 to 5 mins.
2)Remove and set aside
3)Heat oil in a kadai.
4)Add in peanuts, chana dal, urad dal.
5)Add in asaofetida and dry red chillies
6)Add in mustard seeds
7)Add in curry leaves
8)Add in onions
9)Saute for a min
10)Add in roasted oatmeal
13)Add in boiling water
14)Cover and cook on a low heat
17)Fluff the oatmeal and serve