Curd Oats Recipe – Yogurt Oatmeal Recipe with step wise pictures.
This curd oats or yogurt oatmeal taste so delicious and is very refreshing. This oats not only taste amazing but is so easy to make as well.
I have been addicted to oatmeal recently and most of the time it is my breakfast of choice. Since I am breast feeding oatmeal makes a great meal for me, since it helps in increasing the breast milk supply without adding extra weight on my tummy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Rolled Oats - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cup
- Unsour Curd / Yogurt - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - a pinch
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Dry Roast oatmeal in a kadai. Take it in a sauce pan.
- Add water and cook till soft.
- Take it off the heat. Cool down completely.
- Add in yogurt, salt and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, Add seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Pour over the oatmeal. Mix well.
1)Roast oatmeal in a dry pan.
2) Roast till toasty
3)Take it in a sauce pan
4)Add water and bring it to a boil
5)Cook till oats is done
6)Now it is cooked
8)Add in salt
10)Heat oil in a pan
11)Add in mustard and urad dal
12)Add in asafoetida
13)Add in dry red chillies and curry leaves
14)Add in onions
15)Saute for a min
16)Add the seasoning in.