Paruthi Paal Recipe or Cotton Seed Milk Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Paruthi Paal or Cotton seed milk is a highly nutritious recipe and has so many health benefits in them. Paruthi paal is very new to me, but i wanted to make this for a long time ever since i saw the recipe in a cookbook. I asked satheesh to buy some cotton seed for me for a long time. This seeds is only available in special shops, so few days back he bought it from a shop he came across. I immediately make this cotton seed milk the next day.
To my surprise this tasted delicious like payasam or kheer. The cotton seed has a very unique taste to it and it was totally yum. The aroma of it was very unique and very tasty too. After making this and tasting i did few research on the internet and came to know that this has so many health benefits in them as well.
Usually rice is soaked and ground strained and then milk from it is added. You could use any millets instead of rice. Rice adds a nice thickness to the mix and helps to make it taste good. To make it even more rich you could add some ground nut paste in this as well.
These are the health benefits of paruthi paal.
1)Heals stomach ulcer
2)Regulates mensural cycle
3)Remedy for cold and cough
4)Ease in labour pain
5)Prevent cancer and blood pressure
If you like to know more about this you might check this link.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Paruthi Paal Recipe
- Paruthi Kottai / Cotton Seed - 2 cups
- Raw Rice - 1 cup
- Jaggery - 1 cup
- Thick Coconut Milk - 1 cup
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Dry Ginger Powder - 1 tsp
- Wash cotton seed for 3 to 4 times. Soak them in water overnight.
- Wash and soak rice in water overnight.
- Next morning drain the water, add both of them in a blender and add water and grind to a smooth paste.
- Strain the milk from this.
- Now take the milk in a sauce pan and cook on medium low heat for 8 to 10 mins. Keep stiring. It will thicken.
- Now add in jaggery and mix well. Cook for 4 mins.
- Now add in cardamom and dry ginger powder and mix well.
- Add in coconut milk and take it off the heat.
- Serve warm.
2)Soak them overnight will make grinding easier.
3)You might add karupatti instead of jaggery, You can use normal sugar as well. But jaggery is healthier.
4)You can add in grated coconut in them as well.
1)This is cotton seed
2)Wash it really well
3)Rub it well and wash three to four times
4)Look at that dirt
5)now soak them in clean water overnight
6)Take rice, you can use raw rice or normal rice too
7)Wash and soak them too
8)Now drain the water
9)Take rice in a blender
10)Add in cotton seed
11)Grind to a smooth paste
12)Now strain them
13)Add the ground paste in
14)Take them in a sauce pan
15)Heat them and keep cooking. Cook them for 8 to 10 mins till it thickens
16)Add in jaggery
18)Add in cardamom powder
19)Add in ginger powder
12)Now the mix is thickened
14)Take it off the heat. add in thick coconut milk