Double Beans Pulikulambu Recipe with Step by step pictures.
I love puli kuzhambu. The taste of puli kulambu is somewhat tangy, spicy and very flavourful. It is a perfect combination with rice.
We are always looking for recipes to make everyday like kulambu, poriyal and sidedishes for rice. This puli kulambu will become your favorite. It is easy to make and taste amazing.
Double beans is a healthy and nutrient rich beans which can be used to make poriyal, curries or kurmas.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Gingelly Oil - 1/4 cup
- Mustard seeds / kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu paruppu - 1 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds / Methi / Vendayam - 1/2 tsp
- Curry leaves a handful
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Coriander powder - 3 tblsp
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to tatse
- Jaggery / Sugar - 1 tsp
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Double Beans - 1/2 cup
- Soak double beans overnight. Pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistle till done.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Add in shallots, garlic, tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Add in salt, spice powders and toast for 2 mins.
- Add in tamarind water, water, cooked double beans and mix well.
- Add in jaggery and cook on low heat for 10 mins.
- Serve with rice.
1)Heat gingelly oil, Add in mustard, fenugreek seeds and urad dal.
2)Add in curry leaves
3)Saute till golden
4)Add in peeled shallots and garlic
7)Cook till tomatoes get mushy
8)Add in chilli, coriander, cumin and turmeric powder.
9)Stir fry for a min
10)Cook till spice powders is nice and toasted
11)Add in tamarind water
13)Add in boiled double beans
15)Add in salt.
16)Cover and simmer for 15 mins
17)Add in jaggery