Peri peri potatoes with step by step pictures. potatoes peri peri with a dipping sauce.
As I promised in my peri peri or piri piri sauce recipe, i am sharing you the recipe for my peri peri potatoes. This is so easy to make and taste just fantastic. I also made a peri peri mayo to go along with it and it turned out super yum.
About Peri Peri
Peri-peri is a malagueta pepper cultivar of Capsicum frutescens. It was first developed by Portuguese explorers in Portugals former Southern African colonies, mainly Mozambique and its border regions with South Africa, before spreading to other Portuguese kingdoms.
Ingredients for Peri peri potatoes
Baby Potatoes :
Baby potatoes harvested so early, their skin is very thin and tender, often feathering or peeling off in places. New potatoes don't need to be peeled before cooking and are great roasted or boiled. They have a delicate, slightly sweet flavor and a creamy texture.
Peri-Peri Sauce :
Peri-Peri Sauce is a mix of African birds eye chilies grown primarily in Africa. Its sour, little sweet, and slightly salty, making it a nuanced and adaptable sauce that goes with
Mayonnaise is made from egg yolk, vegetable oil, lemon juice and/or vinegar, mustard and salt. When you think about that ingredient list, it's obvious why mayonnaise makes food taste better: it adds fat, salt, and acidity.
Peri Peri Potatoes Recipe
- Pressure cook potatoes with some salt for 3 whistle, simmer the flame and cook on low heat for 10 mins. Turn off the heat and let the heat escape all by itself. Open the cooker, drain them and allow them to cool down. peel the skin and set aside.
- Take the potatoes in a bowl, add in sauce and toss well. Let this marinate for 15 mins.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in the potatoes and toss well in the oil.
- Cover and cook on medium heat for 5 to 7 mins.
- Now open the lid and cook on high heat till it gets crispy.
- Turn off the heat and set aside.
- Now lets make the peri peri mayo, take mayo and sauce in a bowl and mix well.
- Pop this in fridge and let it sit for 30 mins for the flavours to meld together.
- Serve potatoes with mayo.
Peri Peri Potatoes with step by step pictures
|You will need some boiled baby potatoes and peri peri sauce|
|add peri peri sauce as needed|
|add in peri peri sauce..|