Quail Egg Aviyal Recipe – Kaada Muttai Avial Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and simple quail egg aviyal recipe which taste so yummy. It goes perfect with plain white rice or ulundu choru.
Quail eggs are so cute and they are very good for you too. Maha loves quail egg so much, she calls it mini eggs and enjoy it so much. So i used to buy them often. This is one recipe which i made using quail eggs and it turned out super delicious. I served it with urad dal rice.
More Avial Recipes
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Quail Egg - 15
- Potato - 1 large peeled cubed and boiled
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Shallots or onion - 4 tblsp chopped
- Garlic - 2
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds - 1 tsp
- Shallots or Onion - 1 tblsp chopped
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Boil quail eggs in water for 5 mins. Turn off the heat and run it under cold water. Peel the eggs and set aside.
- Take grinding ingredients in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Take it in a pan, add green chillies, salt and water. bring it to a boil.
- Add in boiled potatoes and eggs and mix well.
- Simmer for 5 mins.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard seeds, onions, curry leaves and let them fry.
- Pour this into the aviyal and mix well.
1)Take coconut in a blender
2)Add chopped shallots or onions
4)Add cumin seeds and pepper
5)Add turmeric and chilli powder
6)Puree till coarse
7)Take the ground masala in a pan
9)Add slit green chillies
10)Add salt to taste
11)Cook till it thickens
12)Add in boiled potatoes
14)Add boiled peeled quail eggs
15)Mix well and simmer for 5 mins
17)Heat coconut oil in a pan
18)Add in mustard seeds
19)Add in chopped shallots and fry till golden brown.
20)Pour this over the curry