Delicious schezwan dosa which taste amazing. This is a fusion recipe which is perfect for breakfast or brunch.
About Schezwan Dosa
flavour of Sichuan pepper. Within Sichuan Province and the neighbouring Chongqing Municipality, which was part of Sichuan Province until 1997, there are numerous local variances. Chongqing, Chengdu, Zigong, and Buddhist vegetarian food are the four sub-
styles of Sichuan cuisine.
Schezwan Vegetable Fried Rice
Schezwan masala dosa :
Ingredients for Schezwan masala dosa
If you don't bite into the mustard seeds, they have a subtle fragrant nutty flavour. You can only taste the seeds if you bite into them or grind them into a powder or paste. It has a strong and pungent aroma.
Urad dal :
It's a popular ingredient in dishes like dosa, idli, vada, and papad. Urad dal is also often used for tempering in south Indian cuisine.
Asafoetida is commonly used in savoury recipes to give them a richer flavour by imitating onions, garlic, eggs, and even meat. It's a prominent component in Indian cookery, especially in lentil meals like dal and a variety of vegetable dishes, where its combined with turmeric.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Schezwan Masala Dosa Recipe
- Dosa Batter as needed
- Schezwan Sauce as needed
- Butter as needed
- For Potato Masala:
- Oil - 1 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - a pinch
- Onions - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Ginger - 2 tsp chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Potato - 2 large boiled peeled and mashed
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Coriander leaves a handful chopped finely
- Heat oil in a pan, add in mustard, urad dal, asafoetida and curry leaves. Let them sizzle.
- Add in ginger and saute for a min.
- Add in onions, carrots, chillies and saute well.
- Add in salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Add in some water and bring it to a boil.
- Add in mashed potatoes and mix well.
- Throw in the coriander leaves and mix well. Masala done.
- Now to make dosa, spread dosa batter thinly, spoon in some butter and schezwan sauce. Spread it evenly. Spoon potato filling over it, let it crisp up, fold from both sides.
Schezwan Masala Dosa with step by step pictures
|Take your ingredients for potato masala|