Crispy dosa spread with a spicy schezwan sauce and topped with sauted vegetables and cheese. This schezwan vegetable cheese dosa is next level breakfast.
This is one recipe which i tried yesterday for breakfast and it was spicy and delicious. The dosa is full of veggies and it is a little spicy. If you are making for kids reduce the level of chillies in the sauce and make them.
About this Recipe
Schezwan sauce is an Indo-Chinese condiment made from red chilies, garlic, soy sauce, vinegar, and Sichuan peppers. This sauce, also known as schezwan chutney, gets its name from the use of Sichuan peppers in its preparation.
Dry red chilies, garlic, shallots, and spices are combined to create a spicy and pungent sauce. Dishes with this name, in fact, bear little resemblance to those from Chinas Sichuan Province, despite the fact that they occasionally contain Sichuan peppercorns.
Ingredients for Schezwan Vegetable Cheese Dosa Recipe :
Schezwan Sauce :
Szechuan sauce tastes like combining sweet-and-sour chicken from a classic suburban American Chinese restaurant with soy sauce and perhaps a hint of sesame. Its goopy, sweet, and very salty, and its a pretty tasty option on its own.
Because of their higher sugar content, red capsicums are the sweetest and highest in vitamin C and beta carotene. Orange and yellow capsicums contain nearly as much sugar as red capsicums, whereas green capsicums have a low sugar content due to early picking, which gives them a slightly bitter taste.
Fresh ginger has a slightly peppery and sweet flavour, as well as a pungent and spicy aroma. Fresh ginger, like garlic, softens with cooking. Its a common flavouring in Asian dishes. Salad dressings, baked goods, soups, curries, meats, and desserts like
gingerbread and gingersnaps are all flavoured with ground ginger.
Dry Red Chilli :
Dry red chilli is a condiment that enhances the flavour and colour of food. It contains medicinal and homoeopathic properties. We provide red chillies that are uniform in shape and size. It is mostly used to season foods. The chillies have a strong flavour.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Schezwan Vegetable Cheese Dosa Recipe
- For Dosa:
- Dosa Batter as needed RECIPE HERE
- Butter as needed
- Schezwan Sauce as needed
- Cheese as needed
- For Vegetable Filling:
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Cabbage - 1 cup sliced thinly
- Carrot - 1 medium size sliced into strips
- Capsicum - 1 sliced thinly
- Onion - 1 medium size sliced thinly
- Schezwan Sauce - 1.5 tblspn
- For Schezwan Sauce:
- Dry Red Chillies -30
- Garlic - 20 cloves crushed
- Ginger - 4 tblspn grated
- Tomato ketchup - 3 tblspn
- Soya Sauce - 1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp if you have schezwan pepper use them
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Oil - ¼ cup
- Take dry chillies and cut the top open. Remove the seeds out of it. You can just invert it and roll between your hands, the seeds just fall off. Now take the chillies and add it to a sauce pan. Add 1 cup of water and bring it to boil. Simmer it for 5 mins.By this time the chillies must have plumped up. Drain chillies. Reserve the water, you need that for grinding. Take the chillies in a blender add the reserved water slowly and make them into a paste. Set aside till use.
- Now heat oil in a sauce pan. Add in garlic and ginger. Fry it for couple of mins.Now add in the chilli paste and mix well. Now add in ketchup, soya sauce, salt, sugar and pepper. Mix well.Simmer this sauce for 5 to 8 mins.Now the sauce is done. Cool this and store in a clean air tight container refrigerated.
- Heat oil in a pan till smoking hot, add in all veggies except sauce. Toss well for 2 to 3 mins. Now add in schezwan sauce and toss well. Set aside.
- Heat a tawa, make dosa thinly, now dollop a tsp of butter and little schezwan sauce. Spread it evenly. Now top with veggies and cheese. Fold and serve.
Step by Step
|Cool down and store them in clean bottles
Now take your ingredients for dosa
Heat oil in a kadai
Add in onions, carrots, cabbage and capsicum
Now add little schezwan sauce
toss well with the veggies
pour it in
spread it out
add very little butter
very little schezwan sauce
spread them evenly all over the dosa
now let the dosa crisp up
spoon some veggie filling in the center
spread some cheese over it
fold it and serve