Delicious and easy dosa made using wheat flour. This crispy wheat dosa or godhumai dosa taste amazing with chutney and sambar.
We make this dosa often in our house..Since it is instant and take only minutes to make, it is mostly served for breakfast. Amma makes her own way of this dosa, her dosa is more soft and spongy. But I don’t like that much..This version is my favorite..It is so crispy and flavourful.
About this Recipe
Wheat is a grass that is widely cultivated for its seed, which is a cereal grain that is a global staple food. Wheat is a good source of carbohydrates. It is the worlds leading source of vegetable protein in human food, with a protein content of about 13%, which is relatively high in comparison to other major cereals but relatively low in
protein quality for supplying essential amino acids. Wheat, when consumed as a whole grain, provides a variety of nutrients as well as dietary fibre. In India, durum wheat, also known as pasta wheat or macaroni wheat, is grown. It is also one of Indias highest-quality wheat varieties. Because the coarse wheat grains are ground into semolina, which is then formed into pasta, noodles, macaroni, and
other products, this is the case.
Dosas are a South Indian staple that consists of crepes made from
fermented rice and lentils that are served with sides such as sambar
and various types of chutney.
The best combo for wheat dosa is coconut chutney...This is one of those best dish for busy breakfast and a great one for people who are in diet.
Ingredients for Instant Crispy Wheat Dosa :
Wheat Flour / Atta :
Whole wheat flour has a slightly nutty flavour that lends a warm, comforting flavour to anything made with it. It also adds a lot of colour to baked goods, turning them a darker brown than when they're made with white flour.
Whole Pepper :
The aroma and flavour of black pepper are sharp and pungent. White pepper is hotter, less subtle, and fermented more mildly. Green peppercorn has a milder flavour and a more refreshing taste. Pepper has been the most important spice since Roman times.
📖 Recipe Card
Instant Wheat Dosa Recipe | Godhumai Dosa Recipe
- Wheat Flour / Atta – 1 cup
- Rice Flour / Arisi Mavu – ½ cup
- Whole Pepper / Mullu Milagu – 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam – 1 tsp
- Onion – 1 finely chopped
- Green Chilli – 1 finely chopped
- Coriander Leaves / Cilantro – 3 tblspn finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil- for frying
- Mix everything except oil to a thin batter. The batter should not be thick it should be watery in consistency.
- Now heat a nonstick tawa. Pour a ladleful of batter in it and swirl the tawa so that the batter coats evenly and thinly.
- Drizzle some oil and Cook it for 3-4 mins on one side until the bottom turns little crispy and golden brown.
- Flip it over and cook for 2 mins on other side too.
- Finish the entire batter like this. Serve it with coconut chutney or sambar.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Wheat dosa step by step
|Take all your ingredients