Soya Chunks Roast Recipe – Meal Maker Varuval Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious soya chunks curry or varuval which taste so delicious either with roti or rice. This curry makes a great filling for wraps too.
I made this recipe today and i can’t wait to share it with you all. Because it is too good. Its been a while, since i shared any soya chunks recipes. Couple days back when we went shopping, i saw soya chunks on the shelf and immediately picked it.
This is a quick and easy side dish for rice. It taste so delicious and has a good masala with it. It goes well with chapati too. You can serve with sambar rice, rasam rice or curd rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Soya Chunks - 2 cups cooked Check this link for recipe
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Garlic - 4 cloves chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 2 chopped
- Capsicum - 1 chopped finely
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Coriander leaves a handful chopped finely
- Coconut - 1 cup
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Ginger - 1 tblsp
- Garlic - 1 tblsp
- Cook soya chunks and set aside.
- Take grinding ingredients in a blender and grind coarsely.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in dry red chilli, fennel seeds and mix well.
- Add in onion, garlic and green chillies.
- Add capsicum and mix well.
- Now add salt, and all spice powders and mix well.
- Add soya chunks and mix well.
- Add a splash of water and mix well. Stir fry for 3 mins.
- Now add in the ground masala and mix well.
- Stir fry for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add in coriander leaves and mix well.
1)Cook soya chunks as per this recipe. set aside.
2)Take coconut in a blender
3)Add garlic and ginger
5)Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds and dry red chilli
6)Add onions, garlic and chillies
7)Add in capsicum
8)Saute for a min
9)Saute for 2 mins
10)Add in salt, turmeric powder
11)Add in chilli powder, garam masala powder.
13)Add cooked soya chunks
14)Saute for a min
17)Add coconut masala
18)Stir fry for 4 to 5 mins
20)Add in coriander leaves