Vendaya Keerai Moru Curry Recipe – Fenugreek Leaves Morkuzhambu Recipe
This delicious and easy yogurt curry or moru curry taste great with plain white rice. Normally we serve any veg poriyal with this, but it taste delicious with fish fry too.
If i ever find fresh methi leaves in the market i just grab them. They are so amazing, it adds very unique taste and flavour to your dishes. This kuzhambu taste so yummy and has such a great flavour. Perfect with some hot rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Fenugreek Leaves - 2 cups
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp optional
- Coconut Oil - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 3/4 cup
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 3 to 4
- Rice Flour - 1 tblsp
- Sour Curd / Yogurt - 3/4 cup
- Coconut Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Take grinding ingredients in a blender and blend till smooth.
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pot, add fenugreek leaves and stir fry for 2 to 3 mins.
- Add water, salt and boil for 5 mins.
- Now add in the ground masala and lower the heat and simmer for less than a min. Add little sugar to balance the taste.
- Take it off the heat.
- Heat oil for seasoning. Add all ingredients one by one and let them sizzle.
- Now pour this over the curry and mix well.
- Serve over rice.
1)First grind the masala. Take coconut in a blender
2)Add in dry red chillies and cumin seeds
3)Add in rice flour
4)Add in sour yogurt or curd
5)Grind to a smooth puree
6)Heat 1 tsp oil
7)Add in fenugreek leaves
8)Saute them for a min.
11)Boil till the spinach is done
12)Add in the ground masala
13)Add in sugar to balance the taste. This is optional.
14)Simmer for 1 min. Take it off the heat
15)Heat coconut oil and add all seasoning ingredients
16)Once it is fried
17)Pour it over the curry