Chinese Steamed Buns Recipe - Fluffy Mantou Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super spongy steamed buns which is a chinese steamed buns recipe goes well with any curries or on its own with a cup of coffee or tea.
I wanted to try out steamed buns for quite a long time. Finally made it few days back. it turned out super soft and yummy. So for those people who dont have oven can try this at home. I made a huge batch of dough and made half like this and half i made pan fried buns. Both of them turned out so delicious.
You can stuff anything inside this dough and steam it. One of the popular stuffing is sweet beans, will soon try it and share with you all.
Also check out this stuffed chicken buns
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Steamed Buns Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 cups
- Warm Milk - ½ cup
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Water as needed
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil - 2 tblsp
- Take warm milk, water in a pan, add sugar and yeast and let it sit for 5 mins to bloom.
- Now add in oil, flour and salt and knead to a soft dough.
- Now cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Punch out the air and divide it into equal portions.
- Now take a dough and shape it into rounds. Place it in a cupcake liner.
- Set aside in a plate and let it rise for 30 mins.
- Now place this in a steamer and steam cook for 10 to 15 mins.
- Remove it and serve.
1)Take milk in a pan and warm it slightly.
2)Add in some warm water.
3)Add in little sugar
5)Add in some dry yeast, let it sit in the warm liquid for 5 mins.
6)Now add in some oil.
8)Add in some flour
9)Add in salt.
10)Mix well to a smooth mix
11)Add more flour and mix well
12)Knead well till it is smooth.
13)Now it is nice and smooth. Apply oil over the dough and cover it. Leave to rest for 1 hour.
14)Now it has almost doubled in size.
15)Punch out the air
16)Take a portion of dough
17)Divide the dough into equal portions.
18)Shape it into balls
19)Place it in a cupcake liner.
20)Set aside for 30 mins.
21)Now it is doubled in size.
22)Place it in a steamer.
23)cover and steam for 15 mins.
24)Now it is done.